Potential shock upgrade + BikeYoke for 2017 specialized enduro comp

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Potential shock upgrade + BikeYoke for 2017 specialized enduro comp
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 16:59 Quote
The current monarch on my 2017 specialized enduro comp seems to be on its way out, keeps letting air from positive chamber to negative chamber and losing all travel mid ride. My mechanic has said its a common problem and my best bet is getting a BikeYoke and and getting a new shock.

So I have a few questions:
1. What size shock do I get? the majority I've seen are not the exact same measurements as the standard shock, standard is 216x57 and most shocks seem to either be 210x55 or 230x57 or 216x63 from what I've seen.
2. Which BikeYoke do I need? None of them state they're for a 216x57 shock but several of them are for a 2017 enduro comp.
3. Do shocks have different eyelet and bushing sizes and is it something I need to specify if/when getting a new shock?

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Did you replace the air seals and it's still leaking?

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 17:05 Quote
brianl wrote:
Did you replace the air seals and it's still leaking?

Yeah it's been apart twice, first time the (main?) seal had just popped out of place and was re fitted and the second time it was replaced.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
https://www.bikeyoke.de/media/products/BikeYoke%20compatibility%20chart%20-%20Enduro.pdf. The shock size and yoke you need for your bike are all in the compatibility chart. The 216x57 is exclusive to specialized. That size shock had 1 bushing and attached directly to the yoke on the other end instead of having 2 bushings. All the companies that made shocks in that size stopped after specialized updated the enduro in 2020.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 21:04 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
https://www.bikeyoke.de/media/products/BikeYoke%20compatibility%20chart%20-%20Enduro.pdf. The shock size and yoke you need for your bike are all in the compatibility chart. The 216x57 is exclusive to specialized. That size shock had 1 bushing and attached directly to the yoke on the other end instead of having 2 bushings. All the companies that made shocks in that size stopped after specialized updated the enduro in 2020.

Awesome that chart is exactly what I was looking for, thanks. But now it seems there's another question. There seems to be 2 options for the yoke, one is for "high geometry" and one is for "low geometry" and i have no idea what one to get..

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 0:21 Quote
Raynman9891 wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
https://www.bikeyoke.de/media/products/BikeYoke%20compatibility%20chart%20-%20Enduro.pdf. The shock size and yoke you need for your bike are all in the compatibility chart. The 216x57 is exclusive to specialized. That size shock had 1 bushing and attached directly to the yoke on the other end instead of having 2 bushings. All the companies that made shocks in that size stopped after specialized updated the enduro in 2020.

Awesome that chart is exactly what I was looking for, thanks. But now it seems there's another question. There seems to be 2 options for the yoke, one is for "high geometry" and one is for "low geometry" and i have no idea what one to get..

** = low geometry setting
(~ 8mm lower BB and -0,5° HA)

I'd go for that, I had a 2016 Enduro (yours is slightly slacker and lower already) but found it way apart from my new Privateer in terms of HA etc

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
not 100% but it *should* work to add a spacer under the bottom-out bumper, to a 216x63 shock to limit the stroke to 57mm, without changing the i2i.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
My bike is a lot older (2012 stumpy Elite 26") but during the pandemic I did a full restauration.
I got my fork & shock (RP2) serviced and they are working like new...still RP2 was no match for the coil with bike yoke.

26' has190x51 from factory so stroke & lenght were no issues for me, coil shock is a cane creek DB IL.


Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006753
Mobile Version of Website