DH flat pedal recommendations

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH flat pedal recommendations
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: May 23, 2022 at 9:08 Quote
Hello guys, I know flat pedals have been already discussed, but I haven't found any pedals that I've been happy with. I've already tried the DMR Vault, Raceface Atlas (older model) and the Nukeproof Horizon Pro DH. I know the grip on all those pricier pedals isn't bad but I've missed some grip in the Vaults though the platform and shape felt good. The Horizons offered good grip but I didn't like the Platform and the feel while riding. A pedal which looks promising is the Yoshimura chilao which sadly isn't really available in Europe (Germany).

I would be happy if you guys could post some thoughts, experiences and recommendations about DH flat pedals.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
one up flats are my favorite. Nice big platform, very very thin profile, and foot seems balanced anywhere I place it. Have them on all my bikes.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
Heard good things about deity T-macs. I have yoshimuras and LOVE them

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 1:04 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Heard good things about deity T-macs. I have yoshimuras and LOVE them

Yep the Tmacs were some I was looking for too but they are unabailable here im germany...

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
CSdirt wrote:
one up flats are my favorite. Nice big platform, very very thin profile, and foot seems balanced anywhere I place it. Have them on all my bikes.

So good for DH use too?
How do they compare to tmacs or the horizons for example?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
Tmacs beat everything. Pair them with leatt shoes and you won't regret it

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 5:40 Quote
Chromag daggas. Everything else is junk after you try these

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 5:58 Quote
Spank Spike (older generation without full sno)…….

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
Max842 wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Heard good things about deity T-macs. I have yoshimuras and LOVE them

Yep the Tmacs were some I was looking for too but they are unabailable here im germany...

@Chase-loves-dh sadly... which would you recommend after them?

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
sdaly wrote:
Chromag daggas. Everything else is junk after you try these

Thought about them too. How do they compare to other pedals you have tried in form of grip and the riding feel?

My closer considerations which are available here in germany are the new atlas, that daggas and the one ups.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
sdaly wrote:
Chromag daggas. Everything else is junk after you try these
I would love a pair. They just seem like they would tear up shoes as soon as I ride them

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
sdaly wrote:
Chromag daggas. Everything else is junk after you try these
I would love a pair. They just seem like they would tear up shoes as soon as I ride them

Which shoes are you riding?
My 5'10 Freeriders lasted like half a year but the impacts are totally different. The are more durable and I would recommend them if you have trouble with your shoes

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
Max842 wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
sdaly wrote:
Chromag daggas. Everything else is junk after you try these
I would love a pair. They just seem like they would tear up shoes as soon as I ride them

Which shoes are you riding?
My 5'10 Freeriders lasted like half a year but the impacts are totally different. The are more durable and I would recommend them if you have trouble with your shoes
I was using freeriders (Was, they got torn up after a couple months. pics below). I now using vans and love em.


Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Max842 wrote:
noakeabean wrote:

I would love a pair. They just seem like they would tear up shoes as soon as I ride them

Which shoes are you riding?
My 5'10 Freeriders lasted like half a year but the impacts are totally different. The are more durable and I would recommend them if you have trouble with your shoes
I was using freeriders (Was, they got torn up after a couple months. pics below). I now using vans and love em.


Yeah the pins got completely through the sole on my last freeriders. Vans are fine they have good grip when they are new but I was sliding on my pedals after some months...

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 22:10 Quote
One-up flats. Love em, run them on mulitple bikes in our household. Hard to reset your feet once they land and riding due to the grip!

Db

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006240
Mobile Version of Website