Scor 4060

Previous Page |
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
Who's got one and can we have the real world ride reports.... (minus the marketing spin!)

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
Surely someone has one of these who checks the forums?

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
mikepal wrote:
Surely someone has one of these who checks the forums?

I have one (it's actually for sale) and can attest to this bike being a beast. Mine is the 4060 ST model and is set up at 140/160mm travel. Bike rides fantastic with tons of pop and the suspension eats up chatter. Feels similar to the transition sentinel in terms of downhill capability. Pedaling platform is good, but does have some movement and doesn't compare to my old Ripmo or SB130. I'm only selling because I have a severe bike addiction and tend to ride shorter travel bikes most often.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
I rented a new 4060 last week and the frame cracked on the very first ride. The bike was ridden down a chute and the compression of transitioning onto the road cracked it wide open.

The rims are also made of cheese on the gx build..

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:49 Quote
If I had a swiss franc for every time someone popped into a forum and said they broke a frame, I'd be a rich guy.

qualms23 wrote:
I rented a new 4060 last week and the frame cracked on the very first ride. The bike was ridden down a chute and the compression of transitioning onto the road cracked it wide open.

The rims are also made of cheese on the gx build..

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 3:36 Quote
Next time ill just lie and tell you its great, aint my money

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
My point is every manufacturer on the planet has frames that crack. I've been on the YT forum for many years and it never fails that once a month someone pops in and says the brand is crap because they had a frame crack. My point is that if you consider DT Swiss 1700 wheels as "swiss cheese" then clearly you are hard on equipment. I've owned several sets of those wheels with absolutely no problems. I'm taking your comment about SCOR the same way.

Your input is appreciated, cheers.

qualms23 wrote:
Next time ill just lie and tell you its great, aint my money

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 3:25 Quote
It is what it is. I think they changed the spec at some point, this one came with a syncros wheelset

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 4:39 Quote
You can check the forum of velo vert (greenbike, literally, the french equivalent of pinkbike). there is a topic about scor (just translate with google traduction).

https://forum.velovert.com/topic/196945-scor-mtb/page__st__90__p__6974379__hl__scor__fromsearch__1#entry6974379

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
VERY helpful, thank you for sharing!

jurassicrider wrote:
You can check the forum of velo vert (greenbike, literally, the french equivalent of pinkbike). there is a topic about scor (just translate with google traduction).

https://forum.velovert.com/topic/196945-scor-mtb/page__st__90__p__6974379__hl__scor__fromsearch__1#entry6974379

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
You're welcome.
The bike shop next to my office sells Scor bikes, and the colors looks very nice in person, especially the purple and grey.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:24 Quote
I have a LT and so far the bike has been fantastic.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 4:44 Quote
Bike finally arrived. First day out was at Trestle Bike Park for a little trial by fire. Bike was great! I have to say it felt very similar to my 2nd gen YT Capra. Build spec is spot on, although I did change the stem and bars for a 35mm diameter and 35mm rise. Overall I would highly recommend it for anyone shopping around!

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 21:58 Quote
Pic was taken on my first shake down run on my local loop. EL P in Pasadena, CA. Anyone who knows the trail, you gotta climb 20-40 minutes depending on your pace and time of day and then you get an awesome all-round enduro run down with a mix of everything for the way down. It felt firm and climbed up really well. Which scared me. If it climbs well it must suck on the way down. Actually, it didn't. First ride down, riding within my limits, nailed the same time as my PR on the trail. The bike was great and did everything I wanted it do it. This was my first time on a Fox 38 and I was mega impressed with the feed back. Out back, that firm feeling, I think that was the anti-squat I was not used to. That's why it pedaled well and also absorbed the hits. The next day I hit up big bear and snow summit bike park. Super fun day on the jump lines but also the more natural trails that I prefer - sweepers, old fall line DH, and world cup. Negatives - The dropper post is super sensitive to torque settings of the seat clamp and also for a size large may be a bit too short. Something I definitely felt riding on the steeps. I am sure I will get used to it as it wasn't an issue but something I noticed.

Scor 4060 LT Maiden Voyage

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
Now that I have owned the bike for a couple months I can build off of what Ronnie in the previous post had to say.

Climbing...the bike felt quick, it has a supportive feel and didn't feel overly wallowy. However I certainly wasn't beating my PRs set by my trail bike either. On the descent it was the opposite, the bike felt slow but I was constantly setting PRs. Overall it's a playful, capable, incredible value bike. I also agree with Ronnie, the dropper is way too short and a sensitive seat collar...it really needs a 200mm dropper.

I've had one issue with the bike...The upper shock bushing was inserted incorrectly from the factory and became loose. SCOR says if you register the bike you have priority on warranty issues...that is NOT the case with US customers. I had to work with the local bike shop and the BMC rep. It was going to take 2 months for SCOR to send out a replacement bushing. Thank goodness Pedal of Littleton saved the day by resolving the problem with their inventory. Huge props to the team at Pedal!

I also cracked a rear wheel...totally my fault not the bike's. So now I'm running a set of We Are One Union wheels, which has been a great upgrade.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009234
Mobile Version of Website