Scor 4060

| Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 22:44 Quote
SCOR 4060LT with the Ohlins Coil

So this happened. I had an Ohlins coil from another bike that needed servicing. I sold the other bike with the original air shock. Before sending to Ohlins, I checked the stroke and eye to eye and lucky me, it was the same as the SCOR. So, sent it back to Ohlins for a full service. I spoke with their tech, and he recommended that I go with a lower spring rate than what I had on my previous bike and he also said they had a custom valve tune for the SCOR. I was really happy with the Fox and to be honest I do prefer an air shock to coil for most of my riding. But, so far I am really happy. Aside from DH bikes, the coils I rode on my enduro bikes just muted the ride and made the bike dead. So far, I don't think that is the case. The bike is still lively and poppy when I want it but also feels planted.

I am still sorting out the bike though. The dropper is still too short but I did just lower it in the frame to the point where it is out of the way on the descents and I can still climb. This made a massive difference and I can get my body separated from the bike cornering and steep descents. I've played with multiple bar positions and stack heights trying to get the front end to give me the feel that I am looking for. Still searching. Going back and reading Mikes comments, I have a 30mm rise PNW bars that I was going to try out next. I like the feel of the front end lower on fork but still want the bars up a bit higher.

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
RonnieBravo wrote:
SCOR 4060LT with the Ohlins Coil

So this happened. I had an Ohlins coil from another bike that needed servicing. I sold the other bike with the original air shock. Before sending to Ohlins, I checked the stroke and eye to eye and lucky me, it was the same as the SCOR. So, sent it back to Ohlins for a full service. I spoke with their tech, and he recommended that I go with a lower spring rate than what I had on my previous bike and he also said they had a custom valve tune for the SCOR. I was really happy with the Fox and to be honest I do prefer an air shock to coil for most of my riding. But, so far I am really happy. Aside from DH bikes, the coils I rode on my enduro bikes just muted the ride and made the bike dead. So far, I don't think that is the case. The bike is still lively and poppy when I want it but also feels planted.

I am still sorting out the bike though. The dropper is still too short but I did just lower it in the frame to the point where it is out of the way on the descents and I can still climb. This made a massive difference and I can get my body separated from the bike cornering and steep descents. I've played with multiple bar positions and stack heights trying to get the front end to give me the feel that I am looking for. Still searching. Going back and reading Mikes comments, I have a 30mm rise PNW bars that I was going to try out next. I like the feel of the front end lower on fork but still want the bars up a bit higher.

If you want to get the front up a bit checkout the yoshimura enduro stem. It adds about 12mm of rise with any bar you are currently using.

Also if you need any Ohlins springs I have a few extra.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
Can anyone tell me what crown race the 4060 uses? I'm converting my LT to a ST and SCOR wants me to buy the entire headset. I'm fairly certain its a FSA crown race, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 5:29 Quote
If you look at the bearing it should have the angles printed on it. Just get a crown race that matches up, i’m pretty sure it’s the standard angles as i’ve used the crown race from my 2020 enduro on my LT setup when i switch over.

However, the massive one that comes with the scor takes up a few mm of space and looks waaaaay better than one of the normal ones.

Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 21:56 Quote
It wasn't just a problem from the factory, I got mine last December, one of the first to make it into the US. Within the first month or riding blew through those bushings. BMC customer service was atrocious and after months of complaining finally got a set that was pulled off another bike. Those slid in without even using a bushing press... a month later blew through those as well. The next set I got, months later, also were pulled off a bike. It took me until last month to finally get a new set.

Before I got to install them, I took my bike to downieville and snapped the front pivot axle. When I tore the frame down I noticed that the rear had uneven wear in the same place as where the front broke. They have came out with new pivot axles that are over 4X heavier. TAKE YOUR LINKAGE APART AND CHECK YOUR PIVOT AXLES. I have heard of many Scor's breaking this way.

When the axle broke the frame flexed into the cranks and cause damage all over the place, and because of that in combination with the other issues I had been having, I got my frame warrantied to the 2023 midnight dicso color. Currently building it up now and it is gorgeous, but unsure if I will sell it or run it.

mikepal wrote:
Now that I have owned the bike for a couple months I can build off of what Ronnie in the previous post had to say.

Climbing...the bike felt quick, it has a supportive feel and didn't feel overly wallowy. However I certainly wasn't beating my PRs set by my trail bike either. On the descent it was the opposite, the bike felt slow but I was constantly setting PRs. Overall it's a playful, capable, incredible value bike. I also agree with Ronnie, the dropper is way too short and a sensitive seat collar...it really needs a 200mm dropper.

I've had one issue with the bike...The upper shock bushing was inserted incorrectly from the factory and became loose. SCOR says if you register the bike you have priority on warranty issues...that is NOT the case with US customers. I had to work with the local bike shop and the BMC rep. It was going to take 2 months for SCOR to send out a replacement bushing. Thank goodness Pedal of Littleton saved the day by resolving the problem with their inventory. Huge props to the team at Pedal!

I also cracked a rear wheel...totally my fault not the bike's. So now I'm running a set of We Are One Union wheels, which has been a great upgrade.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007322
Mobile Version of Website