Fox and Rockshox hardware interchangeable?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox and Rockshox hardware interchangeable?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 11:36 Quote
I have to send in my Fox shock for warranty and I'm trying to piece together a spare shock to run in the meantime. I purchased a used Rockshox Super Deluxe Select + and I was hoping the Fox hardware I currently have (8 x 20 and 8 x 35) would work on the Rockshox shock. I installed the hardware and it does fit and mounts into the frame correctly, but, the small black plastic spacers that go on either side of the shock, being that they are from a Fox kit, are a bit too small and technically the shock has some side to side play if I firmly push and pull on the shock but it does seem to want to center itself back up.

I can't seem to find the Rockshox 8 x 20 hardware anywhere but I do have a few leads on the 8 x 35. My question though is does this bit of side to side play mean anything or can I just run the shock the way I have it with basically just using the actual metal hardware and not the plastic spacers since they're a bit too small and don't do anything.

In the attached photos you can see that I can move the black plastic hardware around a bit since it's not an exact fit.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 17:32 Quote
You can run fox hardware on a rockshox shock (and vice verca) but you need to use the whole kit. You can't generally mix and match with the parts. I usually run fox hardware on my rockshox super deluxe becuase I prefer it to the rockshox hardware.

I wouldn't ride that bike without the missing spacers. You will put a lot of side load on the shock and linkage (and frame?) that could cause damage.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 19:52 Quote
Yea I realize now it's because Fox uses a flanged bushing. I just pressed out the Rockshox metal bushing for a Fox bushing and it's all good.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005692
Mobile Version of Website