Any new bikes from the store for a beginner?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Any new bikes from the store for a beginner?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
I was looking up hard tail as a first bike since they are more budget friendly. I see most stores actually have them at decent prices ($500-$700)

I'm 6'1, 220lbs. Fairly athletic (used to skateboard and ride bmx) so something that can take some abuse would be preferred.

So far I need to have disc brakes and fat tires seem like a good option. Other than that, I'm pretty clueless. I'll probably swap some avid g3cs rotors since they seem like the best rotor for the money.

Also, I'm not sure if you can see my posts, but I've got a few gopeds (air tire, chain drive, 35-45mph) to trade as well as car audio, gaming pc, etc etc.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
at your weight nothing is the 500-700 range is going to handle "abuse"

I would looks for a used specialized fuse or Trek roscoe.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:05 Quote
At your size and a $500-700 price range you are going to end up either breaking it right away or spending tons of money to keep it rolling. If you really want to get into mountain biking I think you should be ready to invest about $1500-$2000 minimum to get something decent and somewhat reliable at least.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 22:37 Quote
Get a yt Capra base or jeffsy or commencal meta am 29 base model save of for any of those to get a bike that is capable.

Skating is hard so if you were good at skating you will get good at mtbing and need a bike capable of with standing abuse and to have fun on. A hard tail will be teeth jarring.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 2:17 Quote
dhrider8051 wrote:
Get a yt Capra base or jeffsy or commencal meta am 29 base model save of for any of those to get a bike that is capable.

Skating is hard so if you were good at skating you will get good at mtbing and need a bike capable of with standing abuse and to have fun on. A hard tail will be teeth jarring.

Get a yt Capra base, jeffsy or commencal meta am 29 base model. Save of for any of those to get a bike that is capable.

Skating is hard so you will need a bike capable of withstanding abuse. A hardtail will be teeth jarring.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005931
Mobile Version of Website