2007 Specialized FSR XC - Need rear shock bushings - Can't find

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2007 Specialized FSR XC - Need rear shock bushings - Can't find
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
Hey PB. I recently bought an inexpensive 2007 Specialized FSR XC for my son. It's in pretty good mechanical condition, except the rear shock lower bushings are worn and make a bit of clunking sound when I lift the rear of the bike. The rear shock is a X-Fusion 02-PV. Been searching here, and everywhere else I can think of, for a set of bushing, buy haven't found anything. Reached out to Specialized and they said they haven't had any for 10 years, and recommended I check here.

So, apparently Specialized used a custom/proprietary bushing for this bike/shock. Anyone know where I can get replacements, or know of a work-around? I'm guessing this was a popular bike in it's day. Also, from my internet investigation, seems like it was a pretty common issue with these bikes.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this inexpensively? Not worth investing much money. Don't have much in the bike. Just want to fix this one up inexpensively for him to take to college.

Thanks for any help...

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
I would assume the shock bushings are just regular metal bushings correct? Often times those metal bushings wear out & a simple replacement (pressing out & pressing in) should be back on the road

https://www.benscycle.com/x-fusion-du-bushing---12-x-12mm--pre-2009-eyelet_bushings_x-fusion_30174_rs0299/p?idsku=721373&gclid=CjwKCAjwyryUBhBSEiwAGN5OCHVyux-UlyXmTDIHAAtvCWZLbmozVhIfFM_spkoeXilPwTgW6N6tmRoCTbwQAvD_BwE

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
eshew,

Thanks for the reply, but "no". They are not standard metal bushings. They have a thin flange on the outside, and do not use spacers. There are 2 flanged, bushing, one on each side, and the flange acts as the spacer.

I've reached out to X-Fusion and they said they can provide the bushings, but I'm not sure they have a direct fit. I've sent them photos and hopefully they can confirm that they have replacements available.

Thanks again for the response...

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005215
Mobile Version of Website