WARNING Do not update the Gloworm X2 Advenure light! Ended well,

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
WARNING Do not update the Gloworm X2 Advenure light! Ended well,
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 7:45 Quote
WARNING
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR Gloworm X2 Adventure!
Mine is Bricked/non functional now!
Brand new!
When I got it the battery was dead. So I used a slow charger and l fully charged the battery.
I then shined it out my window to check brightness. Never used on the bike!
I watched the GLOWORM videos, Followed the steps to update, and now the battery is stuck in UPDATE mode all night long.
I emailed Gloworm they just said my 10.5 iPad Pro was too old.
I tried everything on my iPhone XS Max. Still stuck in update mode!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
Also tried:
To return the light to the factory default settings, follow the process below:
>>Disconnect the light from the Power Pack
>>Hold the power button on the back of the light
>>Whilst holding the button, connect the light to the Power Pack
>>Continue to hold the button for about 10 seconds
>>Release the button when it glows purple.
>>When stops glowing purple, the light will be reset (This may take up to 2 min)

Nothing changed.
The light/button never illuminated. Tried 3 X. I tried holding the button the 3rd time for 50 seconds.
Still locked in UPDATE on battery display.
Light system seems to be bricked by the GLOWORM UPDATE!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
The advances in technology. Stick with a seperate replaceble rechargable battery, AAs 18650s ect
any light as in your case, which is sorry to hear, is just prone to this kind of nonsence.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
Holy crap - I am soooo out of touch. I can't for the life of me figure out how a bike light needs a software update.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
I am waiting to hear from Gloworm.
I was going to add a 4th light setting for very low. Or some different settings.
I am amazed Apple and Gloworm put out updates that do more harm than good.
I sent a Apple TV into apple per their request in the box they sent with a shipping label Apple supplied.
Apple the destroyed my APPLE tv and said they did not even try to contact me. Apple claimed they new nothing! Apple said eat sh*t basically! No replacement or refund!!
Hopping my GLOWORM experience is much better.
I know they are in New Zealand so may take a little time.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:08 Quote
The light was FIXED, with the help of Taylor at Action Led! And a mtbr poster threepin, that said I should try Action Led.
problem may have been due to too many other Bluetooth products in close proximity.
I took of my GARMIN watch and moved to a different room without ear buds and other Bluetooth stuff.
I then closed out the Gloworm app by swiping up on my iPhone.
It then paired and I think it will function correctly now.
Thank you threepin and Taylor at ACTION LED LIGHTS(really good experience dealing with TAYLOR), and others for your help.
Hoping the light will be as good as I think after this.
Good riding to all!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
Just got this:
Good Morning

Sorry for the slow reply, we're based in NZ. My last message was when I went to sleep and I've just woken at 5.50 to see your messages.

I understand your frustrations, but we will get this sorted.

Your battery is not bricked. It is part way through an update, and it stays that way, so it doesn't become bricked.

When it reconnects to the app it will continue the update.

I suggest the following

Unplug the battery from the light and restart the app to the paired devices screen (I've attached a screenshot). Delete any devices on the paired devices screen, you can reconnect these later. You do this by tapping the offline device image, it will then tell you no connection can be made and then offer to delete.

Press the check for updates button and leave the phone and battery close to each other and the update process should resume.

** Ensure location services have been activated on your device and Gloworm Link App has been given permission to use device location.

** at no time should the battery be connected to the light by the cable. Your battery is directly communicating with your phone.

** also try reinstalling the app.

**try another device if possible

If this doesn't work I'm happy to call you to see what we can do but at times some devices simply don't work. The Bluetooth connection is simply unreliable. At this stage we could either send you a new updated battery.

But please understand this is not a common issue but it does happen and we are always here to help.

Cheers and talk soon.

Bruce
Owner

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
I'm speechless. I can't believe the complexity of a bike light.

The owner is awesome. Glad you got it sorted out.

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
"Holy crap - I am soooo out of touch. I can't for the life of me figure out how a bike light needs a software update."

Some Micro wave ovens now need software updates, otherwise they think there a different apliance altogether,
Flashlights amongst others, this is the trend dont expect the future to get any simpler, who's gonna fix it when it
fails ? theres money to be made in all this

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008146
Mobile Version of Website