Magura MT7 retainer bolt not keeping air out

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Magura MT7 retainer bolt not keeping air out
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
Hey, i recently got a pair of mt7s, installed and shortened them. I have spent over 3hrs bleeding the system with no luck. The retainer bolts also do not screw in all the way, always leaving a 1-2 thread outside of the lever. Does anyone know how to remedy this, should i bring it up with magura? (my local bike shop doesn't do maguras)

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
hey, this is kind of urgent, i downhill events but not $400 for another set of brakes.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 18:21 Quote
CRaskopf wrote:
Hey, i recently got a pair of mt7s, installed and shortened them. I have spent over 3hrs bleeding the system with no luck. The retainer bolts also do not screw in all the way, always leaving a 1-2 thread outside of the lever. Does anyone know how to remedy this, should i bring it up with magura? (my local bike shop doesn't do maguras)

the bolt on mt mt7s doesnt go all the way in either so thats not the issue.. did you check to see if the olive and barb are sitting properly on the hose ?

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
Which bolt are you referring to? Pad retaining bolts?

MT7s are notoriously finicky to bleed, but no need to panic. If your brakes are not internally routed, hang the brakes vertically removed from the bike if possible and go through the bleed process.

I have also had good results using a gravity bleed instead of the push/pull method, although it can become quite messy. Take extra care to clean the caliper thoroughly when done. You can just use a open syringe instead of the Shimano bleed bucket in the video below.

https://youtu.be/piWBVDh1pTE

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
Watch the Magura bleed procedure video put out by Magura. They are quite easy to bleed actually. It just seems people don’t know how to follow directions that well. I’ve owned and continue to own more than a few sets of mt7 and mt5s. Shouldn’t take more than 10 mins.

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
when tightening the nut that holds the hose into the piston the hose can sometimes pull back slightly. The nut then goes tight but actually the olive may not be pushed all the way inside the housing.

I would suggest undoing it and check the olive all looks ok and nothing has been damaged. Then reinsert and make sure you hold the hose all the way into the housing as you tighten the nut.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005668
Mobile Version of Website