Tire washing out

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Tire washing out
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
I have a Hutchinson Griffus 2.5 front and rear on 35 mm ID rims. These tires are the best damped tires I have ridden, roll well, and provide good traction. However, I am finding that cornering traction while super grippy has a short window for being leaned over. There is great traction and then there is not any and the front washes out and I am on the ground. Normally I have some feel and indication that grip is about to go but for whatever reason on this tire rim combo grip goes quickly. My first thought here is the rim is too wide for the tire and it has squared off the profile too much. Any thoughts on this?

Trying to determine if I need to replace them with something wider.

Thank you

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 18:18 Quote
Could be the tread pattern, some like a Magic Mary are designed to release gradually

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 18:20 Quote
Also, I'm a total hacker mountain biking and kind of suck really, but I prefer a rear tire that's different than the front tire. If only because then when you lean the bike over you can have a back tire that disengages sooner than the front tire and so acts as a controllable early warning system that you're going to wash out. You lose the back tire a little instead of losing them both at the same time

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005154
Mobile Version of Website