Most reliable rear shock?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Most reliable rear shock?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 17:26 Quote
I’m now dealing with my fourth Fox DHX2 repair in less than 2 years. I’ve had a 2020 model, and now a 2021 model; both have had major problems between normal service intervals. This is on a 2020 Scott Gambler that gets ridden hard during the summer but not terribly often: maybe 3-5 park days per month and ~20 park days per year. Not racing.

The only other rear shock I’ve tried is the Push ElevenSix on my Evil Offering. That thing has been on there for over two years and hasn’t needed a thing. Just keeps going and performing fantastically. Unfortunately Push doesn’t make a shock for the Gambler.

I’m looking for something that will perform well but more importantly be reliable and not require substantial maintenance + multiple rebuilds per year.

Some brands that I’m curious about in terms of reliability and performance:

-EXT

-Marzocchi (are these the same internals as the DHX2?)

-Cane Creek

-Ohlins

Appreciate any experience and opinions.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Until it was stolen, I had about 3 years on a Cane Creek DB Air IL that held up super well. The Rockshox that came on my Trance wasn't around for long before it lost the will to dampen. Friends with Cane Creek products have also been happy with them and have not had issues. I'm fairly certain they all leak a little air so after a few weeks, a top off might be required but that's about it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005541
Mobile Version of Website