22 Fox 38 (brand new) Air leak to negative chamber

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
22 Fox 38 (brand new) Air leak to negative chamber
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
pipomax wrote:

Damper and air spring are two different things. The problem here is on air spring most likely a faulty oring. In my case disassembly and reassembly without changing anything but oil and grease fixed it

My bad, I meant I refilled the air chamber/spring and it again looses air into lower leg when cycling the fork.
It sucks air into the lower leg, and I can purge it with the button.

Posted: Mar 26, 2023 at 19:57 Quote
So then what is the fix if the air goes into the lowers as you cycle thru the fork which makes it stiff, looses air from positive chamber and the the valve in the rear releases so much air when you press it?

Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
Druster wrote:
So then what is the fix if the air goes into the lowers as you cycle thru the fork which makes it stiff, looses air from positive chamber and the the valve in the rear releases so much air when you press it?

Service air spring.

Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 12:41 Quote
I was struggling with my 2021 fox perfomance elite feeling harsh. When dropping the air pressure the fork would suck down in it's travel. I cleaned out the grease from the airshaft. Tried equalising the air spring by pulling the fork up and tried pumping it up to max pressure. Nothing seemed to sort out this issue. I thought perhaps the quad seal was worn on the airshaft, potentially leaking air between the positive and negative side but upon inspection it seemed fine.

In my instance it turned out that when dropping the lowers, it's important to make sure the airshaft footnut is fully extended before reassembly. So if you take the air out your fork for a service, make sure to try pumping up the valve to 50psi before reassembly.

This may be unrelated but I wanted to put this information for someone to see who might be experiencing the same situation. And this post is fairly visible on google

Posted: Jul 25, 2023 at 14:51 Quote
So what was the outcome after sending the fork back to Fox?
txcx166 wrote:
That’s interesting. I’ll have to try that on our forks. There still shouldn’t be that much air down there. My last attempt at removing the air spring didn’t fix anything. Went to Anglefire and at the end of the first day the fork felt like a pogo stick with 200psi in it. I did plan ahead and had the exact same 38 with me off my e bike so I was able to swap them out. When I got home I sent them to Fox. We’ll see what they say and I’ll post the findings.

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 18:55 Quote
txcx166 wrote:
That’s interesting. I’ll have to try that on our forks. There still shouldn’t be that much air down there. My last attempt at removing the air spring didn’t fix anything. Went to Anglefire and at the end of the first day the fork felt like a pogo stick with 200psi in it. I did plan ahead and had the exact same 38 with me off my e bike so I was able to swap them out. When I got home I sent them to Fox. We’ll see what they say and I’ll post the findings.

Very interested to hear the outcome of this, I think the same thing might be happening with my forks.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013714
Mobile Version of Website