What are the best brake enduro rotors .

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What are the best brake enduro rotors .
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 30, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
I'm look for new rotors what are your reviews on the best out there and quietest.

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 21:42 Quote
I like sram 220mm rotors

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
I use Shimano XT 203 for F and R

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
dam35 wrote:
I'm look for new rotors what are your reviews on the best out there and quietest.

Hope. Not only for their craftsmanship but their customer service and warranty are second to none.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 16:19 Quote
TRP’s are my preference.

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
TRP as a combo with DH-R brakes and 2.3 rotors.

other than trickstuff - probably best brake on the market.
hayes new a4's are seriously good too.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 19:38 Quote
Shimano RT76, RT86 bent easily and don't true easily.... Still have an RT86 on the front though.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
Magura Storm HC or MDR-P... HC's are cheap, have great bite and are durable...nothing fancy, no fins or anodizing just rotors that do what they are supposed to do and offer way more bite than Hope in my experience with much less or in my case with Shigura setup no noise whatsoever in the dry. Shimano are decent but overpriced and I still think the Magura rotors perform better without all the fancy tricks.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 15:51 Quote
Has anyone had experience with the big 220mm Galfer rotors?

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
I have 220/200 Galfer Sharks + Code RSCs. Good setup. Recently I switched from Saints 203/203 Icetecs (RT-MT800). On a long descents they (Codes + Galfers) boil much later and I wasn't able to warp them - unlike pretty much any other low end rotors. I got them with a new bike, but I wouldn't buy them. I'd stick to RT-MT800s- they're cheaper and the overall difference is not that big.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
I bought Magura MDR-P (220/200) rotors this year... and holy shit batman... insane stopping power on these things... like stop in the middle of slabs stopping power. If your tires have traction, these will stop you instantly.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
I was thinking about those tbh. How long do you have them? Do they develop any king of a "klinging" noise? At the end of the day they are floating disks...

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
PRek wrote:
I was thinking about those tbh. How long do you have them? Do they develop any king of a "klinging" noise? At the end of the day they are floating disks...

I've been running them since March and they're the quietest rotors I've used. The only slightly weird thing about them is that since they are a kind of two-piece system "special patented interlocking of the outer and inner rings (Dovetail Interlink Technology)". In the parking lot, you can grab your brake and when you pull on your bike, you see/feel a slight shift as the two pieces move a little. But it's not even slightly noticeable on the trail, nor does it make any noise.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
Good to hear that. When I warp my disk(s) I'll try these MDR-Ps. I'm quite a big guy and I'm riding pretty aggressively. For now, Galfers are doing really ok. Actually I'm quite surprised by their performance, but as I said - they are way too expensive to justify this purchase. Maguras aren't cheap, but at least in EU, they are half of the price.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013584
Mobile Version of Website