New Park and Shuttle Bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New Park and Shuttle Bike
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 1:53 Quote
I want to build up a new bike especially for bike park and shuttle usage. As I like to build up my bikes custom from scratch I favor just a frame to build the bike around it. I know that usually everybody goes now with the big 29" wheels, but I think the smaller wheels are more fun to ride. I don't really care about racing and speed. For me it's all about fun. To be honest I didn't have the chance to ride a mullet bike until now. At the moment I am considering the new Santa Cruz Megatower, Yeti SB165 or Pivot Firebird. Any recommendadtions or first hand reviews? ;-)

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
Check the specialized status. Can get it in either 140 or 160 travel. Set up to be a mullet bike so best of both worlds. I have a 160 and it’s a beast of a bike.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
MadMaxxMTB wrote:
Check the specialized status. Can get it in either 140 or 160 travel. It’s Set up to be a mullet right out of the box so best of both worlds I guess I have a 160 and it’s a beast of a bike.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Check out the forbidden frames. Or the Saracen Ariel 60

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 12:25 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
Norco Shore

This.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
Bonecrusher69 wrote:
I want to build up a new bike especially for bike park and shuttle usage. As I like to build up my bikes custom from scratch I favor just a frame to build the bike around it. I know that usually everybody goes now with the big 29" wheels, but I think the smaller wheels are more fun to ride. I don't really care about racing and speed. For me it's all about fun. To be honest I didn't have the chance to ride a mullet bike until now. At the moment I am considering the new Santa Cruz Megatower, Yeti SB165 or Pivot Firebird. Any recommendadtions or first hand reviews? ;-)

both the megatower and firebird are 29ers and way overpriced for frame only. you could try a santa cruz nomad but the frame-only price is again pretty expensive. i would be looking for an aluminum frame if you're only going to use it for park and shuttling anyways. Banshee Rune v3 could be cool, inexpensive, and 27.5. Evil insurgent is another option. Norco shore as others have mentioned, Rocky Mountain Slayer.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
I’ve got a Norco Range C3 frame in a large for sale if youre interested

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009496
Mobile Version of Website