What pads for Saint M820 for Alpine riding

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What pads for Saint M820 for Alpine riding
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
I'm currently running Nukeproof sintered pads in my Saints but I find myself wanting more power/bite/friction (not really sure how best to describe it), and I find that even being sintered they give the feeling of being a little glazed sometimes after long descents, and just generally seem to be a bit inconsistent. I run a 200mm Magura disc up front and a 180mm Shimano both with aluminium spiders. What pads have you guys had good experiences with?

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 0:53 Quote
No exactly apples to apples but I had been on the nukeproof sintered pads with my code rsc's and centerline rotors and the switch to uber race matrix pads helped to sharpen things up a bit and add more grip especially at higher speeds. Not as much as the switch from centerline to hs2 rotors but definitly a cost effective increase in power.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
I use the shimano D02S metal pads. No rattling pads and they work well. If anything in alpine riding I’d have bigger discs for longer descents. 200 front and rear is minimum for me and currently have a 220 up front

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 2:40 Quote
JamieMullner wrote:
I'm currently running Nukeproof sintered pads in my Saints but I find myself wanting more power/bite/friction (not really sure how best to describe it), and I find that even being sintered they give the feeling of being a little glazed sometimes after long descents, and just generally seem to be a bit inconsistent. I run a 200mm Magura disc up front and a 180mm Shimano both with aluminium spiders. What pads have you guys had good experiences with?

I've been running MTX gold label pads on my Saints and am highly impressed by them. The initial bite is just a tiny hair less than metallic, and i mean TINY, but the feel is extremely consistent. Where shimano pads start to feel glazed or softer after the initial bite, MTX just stays rocks solid after days and park descending. They also give significant modulation increase to the Saints which allows you to really dial in 'feather" braking in corners, or super slippery mud/dry/loose conditions. The brake feedback is telepathic too. Will never go back! Cost same as metal pads, wear life is similar, and no brake dust buildup, no brainer for me.

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
4 mins ago - Psychic Asaf (929) 335 6292 Love Spells Longmont, CO Get lover back
6 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
11 mins ago - Psychic Asaf (929) 335 6292 Love Spells Highlands Ranch, CO Get lover back
12 mins ago - Elite/expert racers of pinkbike...what is your mindset when racing. How fast are you going?
15 mins ago - Psychic Asaf (929) 335 6292 Love Spells Greeley, CO Get lover back
18 mins ago - Psychic Asaf (929) 335 6292 Love Spells Boulder, CO Get lover back
21 mins ago - Cracked 2018 Giant Reign advanced 1 bottom bracket
21 mins ago - Psychic Asaf (929) 335 6292 Love Spells Centennial, CO Get lover back
27 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Westminster, CO
35 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Arvada, CO
38 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Thornton, CO
44 mins ago - Jeffsy 29er Thread
53 mins ago - Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
1 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Fort Collins, CO
1 hours ago - YT Capra Core 3 MX vs. Canyon Torque CF8
2 hours ago - Does someone have a Kona Dawg Deluxe 2010? I just want to find out how rare my beast is.
2 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Aurora, CO
3 hours ago - Quality / Custom DJ frame
3 hours ago - Mondraker Owners Thread
3 hours ago - show off your Santa Cruz
4 hours ago - Boxxer 2022 27.5" lower crown height
5 hours ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
5 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Colorado Springs.
5 hours ago - Geometry & Suspension design - what creates bike characteristics
5 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Denver, CO by Asaf

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005525
Mobile Version of Website