FOX 36 Grip2

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
I have a set of FOX 36 performance on my Cube Stereo Hybrid 140. Recently I had an issue where it felt as though my headset had gone loose, after quite a bit of faffing I ruled out headset issues and the floating rotor on the front brake. After reading about the issues with the crown on FOX forks I wanted to rule out anything else so I did a lower leg service.

I followed the guide on the fox youtube channel, using fox oem oil, however for some reason after the service, no matter how much PSI I add the forks are too soft, also they sit 20mm into the stroke without me sat on the bike, so I essentially only have 120mm of travel, more than that even if I measure 30% sag with the reduced travel, whilst riding I end up with about 80mm of travel as they seem to sag more and more over time.

I have done the service twice now, just in case I screwed it up the first time, but no change.

I wonder if there is anything else I can check.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
stuplum wrote:
I have a set of FOX 36 performance on my Cube Stereo Hybrid 140. Recently I had an issue where it felt as though my headset had gone loose, after quite a bit of faffing I ruled out headset issues and the floating rotor on the front brake. After reading about the issues with the crown on FOX forks I wanted to rule out anything else so I did a lower leg service.

I followed the guide on the fox youtube channel, using fox oem oil, however for some reason after the service, no matter how much PSI I add the forks are too soft, also they sit 20mm into the stroke without me sat on the bike, so I essentially only have 120mm of travel, more than that even if I measure 30% sag with the reduced travel, whilst riding I end up with about 80mm of travel as they seem to sag more and more over time.

I have done the service twice now, just in case I screwed it up the first time, but no change.

I wonder if there is anything else I can check.

So it didn’t do that before I assume. Try and pull the lowers off again and pull the air spring out. It’s pretty easy to do. Clean and regrease the spring and see if that works.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 2:59 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
So it didn’t do that before I assume. Try and pull the lowers off again and pull the air spring out. It’s pretty easy to do. Clean and regrease the spring and see if that works.

No it didn't do it before, I'm going to give the air spring a service, looks like this might be the issue. Little bit annoying as the forks are only a few months old with less than 500 miles.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
stuplum wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:

No it didn't do it before, I'm going to give the air spring a service, looks like this might be the issue. Little bit annoying as the forks are only a few months old with less than 500 miles.

Yea, when I do a lowers I usually just pull the air spring and clean and grease it just cause it’ll make the fork feel better and takes very little time to do.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010632
Mobile Version of Website