Transition sentinel 2019 carbon cracks

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition sentinel 2019 carbon cracks
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 18:26 Quote
My transition sentinel 2019 has cracks under the main rocker bearing, one on the left, one on the right and a couple in the middle. I know it's probably not safe but could it be repaired with new carbon fibers, or should I get a new bike?

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 18:33 Quote
I'm afraid to tell you that it's new bike time.

If you're the original owner though you may be able to contact transition and make a claim of it being inherently faulty, and they might come up with some resolution for you.

Not saying they will, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 21:34 Quote
I have one that I took off my sentinel when I installed a cascade components link. You are talking about rocker link right?

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 20:14 Quote
Talk to Tr they are great even to non original owners. They just did a crash replacement discounted frame for me, not original owner. They could prob get you a front triangle

To answer your question, sometimes carbon is completely repairable, depends on the issue

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 1:58 Quote
Probably quite the complicated repair job as there is an aluminum shell bonded in there. And you want be able to properly prepare that for bonding, so it will always break again.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 5:29 Quote
Now this situation, even if tr can warranty a new one back, but it will take a long time

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 12:14 Quote
I just bought a 2022 sentinel instead, I am the second owner. The bike was a little sketchy anyways, the rear triangle was bent aswell. Thanks for the tips!

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 12:14 Quote
william-rausch wrote:
I just bought a 2022 sentinel instead, I am the second owner. The bike was a little sketchy anyways, the rear triangle was bent aswell. Thanks for the tips!

*I bought a 2022 sentinel frame to build up with my old parts

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005335
Mobile Version of Website