Any Good shock companies that offer gold coil shocks?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Any Good shock companies that offer gold coil shocks?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
Pimping out da YT jeffsy.

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
Ik abt ohlins but I was looking for something along the lines of maybe cane creek?

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
fox factory shocks have gold shafts and im sure you can find a gold decal kit

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
https://www.slikgraphics.com/shop/

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
Actual gold coloured springs, none at all I'm aware of. You can definitely get yellow though.

For gold though, I think that may be a powder coating job. Would probably have to be a high polyurethane content powder to work on a coil though.

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
M0rd4c4i wrote:
Actual gold coloured springs, none at all I'm aware of. You can definitely get yellow though.

For gold though, I think that may be a powder coating job. Would probably have to be a high polyurethane content powder to work on a coil though.
or something like plasti-dip

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 21:36 Quote
This is mine, a CC DB heritage shock. the only thing is they were limited and thus are as rare as hens' teeth. Though I do believe Suspension Werxs (here in Canada) has a couple in stock.
photo

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
Not cheap but it's an option

https://mrpbike.com/products/custom-spring

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 16:08 Quote
In terms of "not cheap," here's your best option. I don't know who does this, but check with Enzo Racing and/or Technical Touch for potential leads.
In Motocross, Team Kawasaki and Team Yamaha ran anodized Ti shock springs last year. (EDIT: Come to think of it, they may have been chrome-dipped steel.) I could easily see gold being one of the colors available.

photo

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
riggadon wrote:
Not cheap but it's an option

https://mrpbike.com/products/custom-spring
Those are just Carokoted springs, you could do that at home so easy for way cheaper. It would be a good business idea because so many people sell their old springs for cheap.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 2:45 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
In terms of "not cheap," here's your best option. I don't know who does this, but check with Enzo Racing and/or Technical Touch for potential leads.
In Motocross, Team Kawasaki and Team Yamaha ran anodized Ti shock springs last year. (EDIT: Come to think of it, they may have been chrome-dipped steel.) I could easily see gold being one of the colors available.

photo

That anodising (or whatever it is) isn't holding up very well...

I also vote for a new powder coat.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
boozed wrote:
Falcon991 wrote:

photo

That anodising (or whatever it is) isn't holding up very well...

I also vote for a new powder coat.

Anodizing is done to aluminum
And some titanium

Not a steel spring

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
powder coat for sure

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 16:03 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Anodizing is done to aluminum
And some titanium

Not a steel spring

Quite right, just covering all bases based on the uncertainty in the post.

As an aside someone once trying to sell me passivated brake discs for my car as "anodised". They were quite adamant about it!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012031
Mobile Version of Website