Spire frame alignment issues?

PB Forum :: Transition
Spire frame alignment issues?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
Has anyone else had the rear shock alignment issues? Transition has said it’s a pretty small amount of frames that have the issue but I’ve found at least 6 other guys having the same issues in a pretty small Facebook group. Curious if anyone here had the same issue. Basically it appears that the lower shock mount has been welded on improperly causing the shock to be slightly angled to one side (3-4mm) and this is causing shocks to blow.

I’m waiting on my new front triangle, which transition was amazing about. But now reading some other threats here I’m worried about swapping out the new front triangle and rounding the frame bolts lol.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
Nope - no issues here. Have been riding the crap outta mine since last September.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 20:16 Quote
ashlandmtb wrote:
Nope - no issues here. Have been riding the crap outta mine since last September.

Good to hear. Is your alloy or carbon?

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
ashlandmtb wrote:
Alloy

what range is your serial number?

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Have seen the posts on the TOSS Facebook group. Mine is off a few mm (Patrol received August 2021) but my Float X2 is still going fine. I'm kind of surprised given all the reliability issues reported on the X2 and the fact I'm a big dude riding Shore/Sea to Sky. Got lucky I guess, knock on wood.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Have seen the posts on the TOSS Facebook group. Mine is off a few mm (Patrol received August 2021) but my Float X2 is still going fine. I'm kind of surprised given all the reliability issues reported on the X2 and the fact I'm a big dude riding Shore/Sea to Sky. Got lucky I guess, knock on wood.

Yeah I hope this new triangle is better. Transition has been great about this though. However, as long as the problem is fixed, I’ll be putting my frame up for sale soon. Just need something shorter travel.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
Crazy - my friend has a spire and we couldnt figure it out, new frame coming.
I had a Marin that got warrantied for the same thing... something i expected from a cheaper brand like marin, but ive owned "nicer bikes" recently and theyve had similar issues.
The spire frames in NZ are more expensive than a complete marin, no difference in frame quality i see. wheres that $$$ going?

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
ashlandmtb wrote:
it ends in 2230?

mine is 3xxx

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
I’ve blown through 2 Float X2’s. Frame had a 10mm misalignment. Transition sent new front triangle with no resistance whatsoever. New front triangle has the same issue, almost 12mm.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 21:27 Quote
and we pay a botique price for this crap in NZ lol.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 16:37 Quote
gramboh wrote:

Jinxed myself, X2 damper blew on a ride yesterday. Taking it to Fox for warranty soon. Will measure alignment when I take shock out (Patrol not Spire).

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Mine is 4mm off. UK importer says that a new frame is ordered, am I going to have to build this up myself?? I could manage it but it won't be well done as factory fresh! Also I guess I have to fork out for a new invisiframe kit too Frown

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
gramboh wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Jinxed myself, X2 damper blew on a ride yesterday. Taking it to Fox for warranty soon. Will measure alignment when I take shock out (Patrol not Spire).

Did the X2 spew oil everywhere? They have been cracking where the main tube goes into the trunnion body. Fox was just sending bodies out, but now they are asking for the shock back and "warrantying" them by giving you a new one....that is no different and will break again (by their own admission).

Best bet is to sell the brand new replacement and get something else before the one year warranty coverage runs out and you're screwed.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006281
Mobile Version of Website