About 2020 Scott ransom 920 Can't adjust after replacing rear shocks

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
About 2020 Scott ransom 920 Can't adjust after replacing rear shocks
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 4:56 Quote
I noticed that once the frame is upgraded to a rear shock like the fox x2, the adjustment button is blocked by the frame and cannot be adjusted, so the solution is to cut a hole for the frame?

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
Nope, don't want to do that as you'll weaken the integrity of your frame.

What type of mount is it?

As you could possibly flip the orientation, if that doesn't work you'll need a shock that'll fit.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 5:15 Quote
M0rd4c4i wrote:
Nope, don't want to do that as you'll weaken the integrity of your frame.

What type of mount is it?

As you could possibly flip the orientation, if that doesn't work you'll need a shock that'll fit.
This is an Enduro Frames with 170mm rear wheel travel, the rear shock of this frame is mounted upside down, you will understand if you look at the photos I just uploaded in my album, the previous owner installed fox x2 rear guts and opened holes in the frame, later I replaced the original dps

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
Okay, looks like a bushings or bearings mount.

I would have tried flipping the orientation before frame modding, as it looks as though that part of the frame is load bearing.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 6:27 Quote
I think it can't be turned over, because the rear shock is using the trunnion mount, so it can only be installed upside down

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 16:12 Quote
Kgb48 wrote:
This is an Enduro Frames with 170mm rear wheel travel, the rear shock of this frame is mounted upside down, you will understand if you look at the photos I just uploaded in my album, the previous owner installed fox x2 rear guts and opened holes in the frame, later I replaced the original dps

I looked at the photo and sure enough, they've drilled a bonus stress raiser to provide access to the damper controls. I have no idea how dangerous this is but it's definitely not something I would have done.

Edit: Corrected per Grumposaur's post below. At least there's much less cut out than I thought.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
boozed wrote:
Kgb48 wrote:

I looked at the photo and sure enough, they've cut out a significant portion of the lower shock mount plate (and just for good measure, drilled a bonus stress raiser) to provide access to the damper controls. I have no idea how dangerous this is but it's definitely not something I would have done.
That hole is added:

Not something I would drill there so close to that edge...But hey, if it worked for a while, it has been proven in practice I guess?

That asymmetric cutout appears to be stock:
https://www.tredz.co.uk/help-advice/guides-reviews/reviews/bikes/mtb/scott-ransom-range#sec6

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006531
Mobile Version of Website