Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Fork Issues After Warranty

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Fork Issues After Warranty
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 16:10 Quote
Hi everyone, I sent my Marzocchi Bomber Z1 fork to Marzocchi earlier in the year to get a warranty for a creaking crown. I ended up paying extra to get them to rebuild the damper and do a complete service. Two rides after receiving the fork, it started to have issues. The amount of travel (160mm) gets sucked down to 120mm and even less. I was told it's because Marzocchi packs the fork with grease, the grease causing the port between the air chambers to be clogged which in return creates a suction effect. My problem is that I've had the fork rebuilt twice, both by suspension techs and the issue has not been resolved. I'm lost at what to do. Should I be able to call or email Marzocchi and attempt to get a new fork or something since they're the ones who created the issue? The fork worked flawlessly for a whole season and a half before I sent it in.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
It's just the air spring, probably just needs cleaning and a little lube. They aren't going to send you a new fork.

Best bet, call Marzocchi and see if they'll do anything. But it's probably a simple fix.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005199
Mobile Version of Website