FiveTen Shoe Repair

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
FiveTen Shoe Repair
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
Hi PB community!

I have an older pair of FiveTen Impact Pro shoes (~2015) on which the soles are shot, falling off and torn to shreds - however, the shoe itself is in fantastic condition!

Does anyone know where I could get the shoes repaired with a similar style sole? I have been in contact with Adidas customer support and they do not offer such a service, instead offering to explore the warranty claim process with me, which I know I have far exceeded.

As a brand with a clear sustainability plan implemented, I find myself wondering why the brand wouldn't offer a repair service, as this is a common problem with flat pedal shoes.. This type of service is provided by most high-end hiking & camping brands, and I hope that other MTB brands take note, and work with consumers going forward to limit waste, repair goods when feasible, and encourage similar activities from others!

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
I think they maybe playing you along and wasting your time and only then tell you that you need to buy new shoes.

I tried contacting them about replacement laces for Freerider Pro Primeblue shoes, found out that they wouldn't help whatsoever and wouldn't sell replacement laces to the end user, their philosophy is to sell you more and spend more than you want or need to it seems.

To be honest I miss 510 before Adidas bought them out, products were better designed and better quality. Got some old Guide Tennies that prove that at one side.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
If the sole of the shoe relies on moulding the shape and glueing then chances are pretty slim
that theres a shoe repairservice that will fix it.
Shoe sole repairs tend to be availabe to the more traditional shoe boot construction, whereby the
sole is stitched with a bit of glue and or pinned screwed, as the sole is excessable to this due
to how the shoe or boot is contructed.

Outdoor foot wear that needs to be durable tend to be made in the traditional construction,
and the reason sole replacement is offered, but not to all. My Danner Arcadia boots got resoled
but no luck with my Belleville C793 AF Boot, as the sole was more reliant on the glueing method.

Ive played with the DIY aproach, shoo goo, contact adhesive, rubber glues, kevlar folding tyres,
glue gun etc and never quit get a lasting result, though still pursue it in the hope.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008277
Mobile Version of Website