SWAT CC (Concealed Carry) torque settings?

PB Forum :: Specialized
SWAT CC (Concealed Carry) torque settings?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
Hi,
I have the 2021 Enduro Expert with the multi-tool headset (named SWAT CC). It's torqued from the bottom cap, and I'm wondering what others are using for torque settings. The manual says to torque like a normal headset, which would mean finger tight just enough to remove play. However, I have a lot of play when I do that, and I find myself having to really tighten it up (to the point it makes a creaking noise, I'm assuming it's about 6Nm) before the play goes away - but sometimes it does come back after putting in some miles of rough riding.
Are others experiencing the same thing? Have you tried higher torque settings? Given there's no star nut I'm wondering how high I can go and if I should even experiment with it.
Thanks!

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
I would check if the spacer above the bearing is installed and everything is fitting right, probably has to do with the poor tolerances of the headset cup and not the Swat

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:02 Quote
I have the same system and its too handy to get rid of. The downside is yes you do need to tighten it up quite a bit to remove play etc and also check it regularly as they do work loose.

Personally, I don't stress over torque settings here. Just tighten it up so that nothing is loose and you can still turn the bars easily and ride your bike.

As above, make sure you have all of the headset parts installed correctly too.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007197
Mobile Version of Website