NEW BIKE Spectral 125 vs YT Izzo

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
NEW BIKE Spectral 125 vs YT Izzo
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 3:45 Quote
Hi, looking to go back to MTB, tired of old xc hardtail geometry, I´ll ride mainly flow man made trails with small jumps and berms. I also might do some longer rides with more "natural" trails qith some techincal rocky climbs.
I have done some research and I´m having difficulties deciding between the Spectral 125 cf7 and the YT izzo Core 2.
Anyone tried any of them and got some feedback?
My main doubs are:
-Izzo is going to feel to nervous and nos confident inspiring descending
- Spectral will feel to "Tractor" in a more XC trail

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 4:30 Quote
I have an Izzo Blaze as my do it all 'trail' bike. It is my favourite bike when I'm unsure of what a new trail might hold, and for just general fun riding. The 140 Pike feels great up front and this is definitely not a very nervous descender, but I guess that depends on what you compare it to.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 6:45 Quote
Check out Doddy's video on GMBN where he tries the Spectral 125 with both XC wheels and tyres and trail wheels and tyres.

Definitely a good all rounder in my eyes.

More competent than an out-and-out XC bike at descending and climbing it seems.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 11:47 Quote
The YT has all mountain/enduro bike geometry from ~6 years ago, it’s certainly not a nervous descender! The Spectral 125 is borderline ludicrous for a short travel bike.

The next biggest difference to me is that the rear end of the Izzo will probably feel stiffer when pushing hard into a supported corner (berm, rut etc) but won’t have as much traction in weird off camber situations. This is because of the vertical shock layout with a shorter link pushing on the shock itself.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006080
Mobile Version of Website