Getting back into it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 17:10 Quote
Hey all! Been out of riding for at least the past 10 years. Looking at getting back into it. Im looking to do some light to moderate trails and just general riding on vancouver island. Woundering what people suggest for this style of riding? Hoping to spend $1000-$2000 at most. Make sure i still enjoy it. Been to a few shops around town but theres just so many options. For reference I used to ride a 07 stinky for DH/Mountain and a p2 chromo for the park/Dj...

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:16 Quote
Have you considered shopping on Craigslist in say, a 100-200mi radius? I doubt a LBS will have anything new in the $2,000 range, but that price can buy a very nice bike in the used market. Even if you wind up outgrowing the bike, or discovering that you'd like certain things the bike doesn't have, it can be a great way to learn, and enjoy the sport. When the time comes, you can resell the bike and probably not loose anything, and either buy another, better, used bike, or spend up on something new that you've learned will suit you. If you wind up liking the used bike, there's also the option to do a few upgrades to it, and not only make it a better bike, but dial it in to the kind of riding you want to do. That also gives you a chance, if you like such things, to learn about the bike and the sport, and learn to do your own work.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 20:29 Quote
If you are ok with a hardtail, which sounds like it will suit your needs just fine, you can't beat a giant fathom for fun to price ratio for a new bike. otherwise used is going to be the best option. if you have your heart set on a full sus hotrotors suggestion is going to be your best bet.

Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
Definitely recommend buying pre owned, you can get a good frame which you can build around then.

Keep to steel or aluminium frame bikes to keep your costs down.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010967
Mobile Version of Website