Canyon spectral 900 watt. Smaller battery compatible

PB Forum :: eMTB
Canyon spectral 900 watt. Smaller battery compatible
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 8:16 Quote
My typical rides are consuming very little of the 900 watt batt. Are there small batteries that are compatible with the shimano ep8 system. I think the battery clasp system is Proprietary on the new spectral on. But I could figure something out to mount it tight possibly

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 3:53 Quote
I have on my spectral ON CFR LTD an 720 instead of 900. You can also order it separately on the Canyon website.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 17:22 Quote
Why worry about it? I don't find the weight difference between the batteries big enough to effect the bikes handling anyway.

Also, you need to ride longer, hahahaha I can use up 70-80% of a 900 on most of my rides.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 16:46 Quote
voleman wrote:
Why worry about it? I don't find the weight difference between the batteries big enough to effect the bikes handling anyway.

Also, you need to ride longer, hahahaha I can use up 70-80% of a 900 on most of my rides.
what kind of rides you do ? how much elevation? which mode? what's your weight?
(asking coz i'm thinking on Spectral and then i have to choose battery)

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
razorjack wrote:
voleman wrote:

what kind of rides you do ? how much elevation? which mode? what's your weight?
(asking coz i'm thinking on Spectral and then i have to choose battery)

250lbs, typically a mid-setting, and I ride either a Norco Range with a 900 or my Orbea Wild Bosch system with an 1125 setup. So I'm not on a Spectral, but I've owned and rideen all of the drive types at this point so have pretty good idea how to compare them.

I did not find the weight change a significant difference between the batteries in my Norco, adding a battery to my Orbea (double setup), or my first Heckler with a 500 (which I had a spare battery in my pack for long days anyway). These bikes weight around the same as my DH bikes from back in the day so maybe I just handle the weight because it's familiar.

Our rides are usually about 1400-1500m elevation with anywhere from 45-60km distance.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005693
Mobile Version of Website