Direct caliper mount still offset ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Direct caliper mount still offset ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
I've directly mounted a set of Tektro HD-M735 to some Rockshox Yaris but the caliper needs to go inwards maybe 3-4mm. This is a 180mm rotor which is the same as what it came with originally, the only difference being the standard fork used a packer.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
Look in the top of the caliper and see if the pads are overhanging the outer edge of the rotor, if they aren't overhanging the rotor, there isn't a problem.

The wear pattern on rotors doesn't always mean there's a problem, some rotors have a wide braking area and some brakes use a narrow type pad, a wide rotor used with a narrow pad would show a similar wear pattern like your photos.

The Tektro page for your brakes, shows the 4 piston brake uses a narrower pad then the 2 piston brake.

https://www.tektro.com/products.php?p=237

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
The pads are fitted correctly and the wear pattern is different on the back(runs close to the inner section with holes), 180mm also with the Tektro caliper.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
I'm not questioning if the pads are fitted correctly, I'm just asking you to look in the top of the caliper and see if the outer edge of the pad is overhanging the outer edge of the rotor, if it isn't overhanging, there isn't a problem.

There is different sizes of pads and rotors.
If you use a narrow type pad with a wide type rotor, it will leave a smaller wear pattern then a wide pad.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 13:13 Quote
The outer edge of the pad is just in line with the outer edge of the rotor, think its all good then.

Thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007684
Mobile Version of Website