Shimano saint 2009 bleeding problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shimano saint 2009 bleeding problem
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 3:36 Quote
Hey guys i have bought a used Mondraker summum pro 2018 last week the brakes are probably not original but i dont know one friend sayed me that they are the first saint brakes so 2009 model the problem is they dont have bleed port on lever

I poped off cover and tried bleeding them with open reservoar but i wasnt lucky enough now
i dont know what to do .

will be happy with any information about bleeding or about brakes in general

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
You just bleed from the bottom up, the open reservoir up top will fill as you go. Just use another syringe to drain as you go until no more bubbles. Or you can fill from the top down, filling as it gets low.

You'll need m800/810 bleed blocks and you'll have to bleed the lever just like a new Shimano, except with the reservoir full instead of a cup filled with fluid.

After everything feels normal put the rubber reservoir back in, top cap on, clean, remove bleed blocks, clean, add pads..

Not sure if that helped, should be some info on YouTube. Bottom line is you can do it, but the proper bleed block helps, https://www.danscomp.com/shimano-saint-brm810-hydraulic-disc-brake-caliper-bleeding-spacer-y8ff19000/p876431

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
If the lever is just soft you can try filling the res on top and pressing the brake levers until all the bubbles stop, flicking the brake lines to get everything moving... That is what I'll do if the bikes been hanging and the lever gets a little more play than normal.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
eshew wrote:
If the lever is just soft you can try filling the res on top and pressing the brake levers until all the bubbles stop, flicking the brake lines to get everything moving... That is what I'll do if the bikes been hanging and the lever gets a little more play than normal.

this helped thank you

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005123
Mobile Version of Website