Nukeproof Dissent enduro conversion

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Nukeproof Dissent enduro conversion
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:31 Quote
What concerns me in general is the mono, I think that springs for DH work better for some reason.
I don't find details online how much force they can hold, so I can't compare them.
Plus, a spring appears to me more progressive, let's say smoother, but less adjustable, it wouldn't be a problem for me...

In any case, that bike doesn't have a spring by default unless I take the RS model for 7k, so I guess that I can't do anything on that, I hope it doesn't bottom like crazy when I land badly...

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
The Giga 297 looks ideal tbh. I went full 29er in December and I don’t think 29er wheels are a problem though - I was previously full 27.5. I was worried I’d love snappiness in corners a s it would be too monster truck but I need not have worried. The thing is awesome.

If it’s a Fox 38 vs domain then it’s worth spending the extra money if you can afford it. The domain has a poor damper and it’s the very bottom end 38mm stanchion fork from Rockshox. The 38 performance elite is the same as a factory bar the Kashima.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
The Giga 297 looks ideal tbh. I went full 29er in December and I don’t think 29er wheels are a problem though - I was previously full 27.5. I was worried I’d love snappiness in corners a s it would be too monster truck but I need not have worried. The thing is awesome.

If it’s a Fox 38 vs domain then it’s worth spending the extra money if you can afford it. The domain has a poor damper and it’s the very bottom end 38mm stanchion fork from Rockshox. The 38 performance elite is the same as a factory bar the Kashima.

I'll certainly take the Elite, but I have a doubt, as someone said previously, the 297 has the frame with 180mm travel, I think it's the bike I should be taking, not the 290, which has 170mm travel.
Do you agree?
Many people online are of the same opinion, that 29" are too big for a DH line, and that 29" don't make an excuse to reduce the travel, basically 180mm is better.
I'll try to take the 297, I don't feel that the 290 is the right choice, plus, if I need to make an idiot comment, it's the same with MX/Enduro motorbikes, I think there is a common meaning behind, the rear has to be always MORE playful than the front.
Plus, the 297 is also lighter.

I can't go on a demo event because the summer is already half way, I need to ride before it ends Big Grin , so I'm making a lot of assumptions, I hope I get it right Big Grin .
In the worst case, I'll ride that bike anyway, it's not gonna make my life impossible.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 22:08 Quote
Buying without a demo ride first, look at resale value. Whichever one sells for the highest percentage of new is the one I’d buy. If you love it great. If not hopefully you’ll get a better price selling it used.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 0:36 Quote
I think either would probably be fine. I don’t find my 29er much less playful than my 27.5 before really. 29er is a sentinel with 160mm front / 150mm rear tracks and the 27.5 was a Bird Aether with 150 front 130 rear. Both have been run with Lyriks at the front and both air and coil at the back.

If you can get the 297 then go with that - if you can’t get it / can’t wait then I’m sure the 290 would also be fine.

I’m particularly liking quite tight corners at the moment and doing them far better than I ever have - yet I’m on 29er and have the longest chainstays on any bike I’ve ever had ‍♂️

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 3:40 Quote
I bought the 297 Elite, thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll let you know how it goes.

180mm travel and 29" wheel in front, less weight, I think I couldn't ask something better.

Oh, I almost forgot to buy the pedals Facepalm , the tubeless kit and other cool items Cool
I took original Nukeproof items, in any case, I didn't find others, very easy to avoid incompatibility Big Grin

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
All pedals are attached the same way, so compatibility isn't an issue, but you can't go wrong with the nukeproof ones. They are some of the best pedals

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:00 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
All pedals are attached the same way, so compatibility isn't an issue, but you can't go wrong with the nukeproof ones. They are some of the best pedals

Thanks.
I took the DH models (more surface), I thought it was a good idea.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
Sounds like it’ll be a good bike for you to be honest. Nice choice!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010201
Mobile Version of Website