Recommend body armor

PB Forum :: Downhill
Recommend body armor
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 3:35 Quote
Hello!
I might be in search of a new body armor, preferably roost guard, because the one I own at the moment isn't the best fit with my Leatt neck brace. It works okay, but could be better. The one I have currently is Alpinestars Bionic Plus without the shoulder pads (if I remember correctly). It is a good roost guard, but just doesn't fit with a Leatt brace.

Also the guard should fit under jersey fine.

It would be amazing to also see some photos of how yours look under and over jersey/t-shirt/hoodie

Thank you

Edit. Also Leatt's availability isn't the best locally, so I might not be able to get one them

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 19:38 Quote
I use the Fox Raceframe. Fits under my jersey no problem. Doesn’t cause fit problems with my Atlas neck brace.

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
I found that the Leatt Body Armours work really well with their Neckbraces, they have special cutouts and laces where the brace can be connected pretty seemlessly without those plastic straps

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 22:30 Quote
Fox Baseframe Pro D3O jacket. Kind of pricey and a little heavy but seems like really good protection. On the fox website you have to click under Moto instead of mtb.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 5:53 Quote
Now I would go with Leatt armors. They are light, not very warm and in many configurations. The best imo is to go short sleeve armor + elbow pads separately that you can just take off.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 2:34 Quote
I just picked up a KTM powerwear soft body protector from Motosport.com for $130. Removable armor pads, CE 1 rated, fits under jersey, and can't beat the price. Haven't tested in a crash yet, hope to never need to.

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
https://leatt.com/us/product/body-protector-3df-airfit-hybrid?selected-color=5440

I really really love this Leatt Body Protector. It checks all the boxes for me and I don't have any complaints about it. Holding up well after three seasons and somehow never smells bad. All the padding has kept me protected and riding. I usually wear a jersey or hoody when its cold over top to protect the softer materials.

I also where their impact shorts which have saved my hip bones many times. Great company.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 20:37 Quote
I’m full Leatt upper and hip and thigh. I got the lightest weight full arm suit they have and I can’t say enough good things about it. I’ve tested it several times and come away (mostly) unscathed. Fits well under a jersey, only slightly warmer than no padding but not as hot is the Troy Lee in my opinion, and links to the neck brace really well. Liked it so much I bough the hip pads and now I don’t get strawberry’s on my hip and thighs after sliding. They’re comfortable enough if I’m doing any kind of serious descending I wear em both. Even with the climbs I don’t feel it bog me down.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009757
Mobile Version of Website