Rotor Compound Dilemma

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rotor Compound Dilemma
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
Hi All!

Is there any difference in compound of a sram, shimano, or hayes rotor, is there any chance my code brakes not as strong on a hayes disc as on sram disc? (metallic brakepads)

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 16:54 Quote
I can't really see that much of a difference between rotors really, pads themselves definitely.

But what exactly is the problem?

As in more details please.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 18:46 Quote
krokodiluss wrote:
Hi All!

Is there any difference in compound of a sram, shimano, or hayes rotor, is there any chance my code brakes not as strong on a hayes disc as on sram disc? (metallic brakepads)

All brake rotors (to my knowledge) are made from stainless steel. Some rotors have a 2 piece design that utilizes an aluminum spider to change the heat management characteristics of the rotor but the surface that comes into contact with the pad is stainless steel.

I think you are asking if different brands use different materials? If so, no they don't. They may however differ in thickness.

In general, your Code brakes will function correctly regardless of the rotor brand. There may be slight differences in wear, heat management and power (if different rotor sizes and designs are used) but the materials will not affect this.

I have successfully run Code RSC calipers on Shimano RT86 rotors, TRP rotors etc.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005866
Mobile Version of Website