optic mullet project

PB Forum :: Norco
optic mullet project
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 3:09 Quote
call me whatever but I've decided to mullet my optic, I believe it will make a great super short trail ripper, 27.5 out back with a 130mm fork...let's bring the carnage

keep you all posted on my either great idea or complete waste of time

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:09 Quote
robbieraver wrote:
call me whatever but I've decided to mullet my optic, I believe it will make a great super short trail ripper, 27.5 out back with a 130mm fork...let's bring the carnage

keep you all posted on my either great idea or complete waste of time

I'd keep the fork at 140mm and run a reverse angle headset to keep the head angle, BB height and reach changes minimal. An 18mm drop in rear wheel radius is quite big and losing another 10mm of a2c might be a little much. That said, have fun experimenting and oh here's a thing for you to play with Smile

https://geo.syn.bike/?fbclid=IwAR3pN9WGzPLS8KJekjxu5d0dgC5M4RvXjPkq0JHzA3xogzbY4ig8wS1DGKk

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 23:32 Quote
this is not my first mullet experience......mulleted a yeti arc hardtail 29er.....oh yeah low rider loves to corner..

sticking with 130mm front, it's the whole point getting it lower and change reach and head angle...want more reach and less HA.

See what happens

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 2:29 Quote
coolio,

keep us posted and share some pics!

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 0:58 Quote
so far 1 ride in, on a very slow and super steep technical trail, rails the turns like a go cart, descends and climbs just like before but I would say way more planted, have to liven up the rear end and it will be perfect.
it's set at 130mm front 29inch with 125mm rear 27.5inch with a ridiculously low bb, no pedal strikes...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006853
Mobile Version of Website