SRAM AXS Compatibility

PB Forum :: SRAM
SRAM AXS Compatibility
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 6:32 Quote
I'm looking to build a flat bar gravel bike with bit's I've got in the garage.

Has anyone tried this combination or anything similar?

AXS X01 Shifter
AXS X01 Rear Derailleur
XPLR 10/44 Cassette
Force CX1 11 Speed Chainring
X01 12 Speed Chain

Do I need the Flat Top chain to run with the XPLR cassette or will a normal 12 speed chain work?

I've got an X01 10/50 cassette I can use if this won't work but don't really need the wide range of the cassette.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
That setup is a no-go.

Eagle (mtb) chains don't work correctly on SRAM road cassettes due to the spacing.

The chainring may be hit or miss. Some 11sp chainrings work with 12sp chains, some don't. I haven't tried it with a Force chainring but its not officially supported.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
12 Speed Eagle chains work perfectly with the Force CX1 11 Speed chainrings, I've been using this set-up for a while on my commuter bike.

My main concern is the XPLR cassette.

Interestingly, I know a couple of people running the SRAM 12 Speed Flat Top chains on Ultegra 2x11 road set-ups with absolutely no issues!

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
grm wrote:
12 Speed Eagle chains work perfectly with the Force CX1 11 Speed chainrings, I've been using this set-up for a while on my commuter bike.

My main concern is the XPLR cassette.

Interestingly, I know a couple of people running the SRAM 12 Speed Flat Top chains on Ultegra 2x11 road set-ups with absolutely no issues!

photo

The above is the difference in dimensions between Shimano 11sp spec and Sram flat top12sp spec. The difference is not insignificant but I guess it'll depend on tolerances and what is considered "working".

Alternatively a cheaper alternative that may work is using a Flat Top chain and simply swapping the jockeys on the X01 RD to the road version.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 3:49 Quote
Check out rotor 12 speed cassettes. They make them in 11-46t. Requires the standard shimano hg driver. I'm just not sure if they work with axs.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006709
Mobile Version of Website