Evil Insurgent - need a scan of US sales receipt

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Evil Insurgent - need a scan of US sales receipt
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 1:20 Quote
Hi there,

My bike Evil Insurgent was broken during the airline transfer from USA to Switzerland. The airlines try to avoid to pay for the damage and they asked me to provide the sales receipt. I bought this bike 5 years ago and obviously can't find the receipt Frown
Can someone provide scan of the Evil Insurgent receipt - I don't care what year, just need to provide them something otherwise they will decline my request Frown ((

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 5:11 Quote
bombi666 wrote:
Hi there,

My bike Evil Insurgent was broken during the airline transfer from USA to Switzerland. The airlines try to avoid to pay for the damage and they asked me to provide the sales receipt. I bought this bike 5 years ago and obviously can't find the receipt Frown
Can someone provide scan of the Evil Insurgent receipt - I don't care what year, just need to provide them something otherwise they will decline my request Frown ((

That's a new one, never heard of that request before. Sorry that happened, have you tried calling the shop you bought it from? Did you register the frame with Evil? Maybe they can help out.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 5:14 Quote
bombi666 wrote:
Hi there,

Not super smart to publicly post about insurance fraud, just a heads up...

Either way, they can't refuse you for not having a receipt, what if it was a gift? How does not having the receipt somehow make them not responsible for breaking your stuff? If they're wanting it to work out the valuation, they need to work that out from current replacement prices anyway, not 5 years ago

Tell them the facts, don't back down, threaten legal action if they don't provide what you're owed. DO NOT lie about or provide false information, that's just asking for trouble.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
If you purchased bike new then the honus is purely on you to provide receipt OBVIOUSLY.

OTHERWISE like stated above that you are intending to defraud insurance co.

Tough times- SUCK IT UP

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
Find the cost of buying an insurgent, if you can't find the same model, find the closest thing, ie the new insurgent

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
It's not insurance fraud if the bike actually was damaged by the airline and was actually insured. Facepalm

However, obviously, the airline deserves to know the correct price to remit. OP, I'd get them 3 quotes of current MTB prices for a reasonable replacement. Then the cost to repair the damage to your bike won't seem quite so bad.
If they absolutely require a receipt, ask the bike shop to reprint one for you.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005978
Mobile Version of Website