Continental Kryptotal Enduro Soft - your experience?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Continental Kryptotal Enduro Soft - your experience?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
Hey all, I couldn't get the Maxxis tyres I wanted so decided to try something new - Continental Kryptotal Enduro Soft out the back. After finding my well worn Assegai was starting to shed the side knobs I put a Conti Kryptotal Enduro Soft up front too. However I'm finding my tyre pressures are a bit off now (found out my pressure gauge was no longer reading accurate which didn't help)

Anyway who else is running them and what is your experience? Note specifically the Enduro casing not the DH one.

Also anyone take a guess if this casing is closer to Maxxis DoubleDown or EXO+. By finger feel its 100% more than EXO+ but seems to maybe fall a little shy of a DD but then it does have a 2x110TPI casing though so....

Anyway, happy to here your experiences with the tyre too Smile

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 0:49 Quote
Found this thread while searching for info on these tyres, I've got a pair on order will share my thoughts once I've ridden them a little.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 1:21 Quote
le-momo wrote:
Found this thread while searching for info on these tyres, I've got a pair on order will share my thoughts once I've ridden them a little.

Excellent be good to gather some feedback here.. I've been riding mine on a little bit due to other commitments and so far the rear feel great compared to the Vittoria Mazza with insert it replaced. Usually have a DHR II out back and i don't feel i'm missing anything at the moment by having the Kryptotal out back.

WRT the front tyre not had enough time on trails to work that out yet but better get it worked out pretty damn fast as upcoming Swiss Enduro Race, last time I rode with it I had totally the wrong tyre pressure due to a busted gauge and thus ran it way to hard, was also suffering from Covid which didn't help.

At the moment I need to find the right tyre pressure where these tyres are happiest around my riding style and terrain.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 20:35 Quote
Just ordered Kryptotal F & R trail endurance casing, will also report back after I get them installed. So far I've heard they roll a bit faster than Maxxis and grip well. Big thread on MTBR about them

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/new-continental-tires.1202984/

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 4:34 Quote
I've ridden them a little bit now so feel safe to say that I'm very happy with their performance.
Don't feel any significant extra drag over a DHR II MaxTerra EXO+.
They do grip extremely well in the corners I will say, sometimes you can really hear the knobs biting, more than I ever did on my Assegai front which I loved (and still do).
The only thing I notice is possibly slightly less braking performance on the rear compared to the DHR II.
Gotta say definitely a great alternative to the Assegai/DHRII combo and i'm looking forward to how they perform in my next enduro race this weekend

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005719
Mobile Version of Website