Onyx vs Zeb vs 38

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Onyx vs Zeb vs 38
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Currently running a DVO Onyx fork but am semi 38mm stanchion-curious for more stiffness. I've felt how smooth 38s can be and haven't ridden a Zeb yet. I really like how user friendly the DVO fork is, how are the other forks in that realm? Which would you run given the choice?

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 15:40 Quote
Is there anything wrong with your fork?

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 16:49 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Currently running a DVO Onyx fork but am semi 38mm stanchion-curious for more stiffness. I've felt how smooth 38s can be and haven't ridden a Zeb yet. I really like how user friendly the DVO fork is, how are the other forks in that realm? Which would you run given the choice?

I personally have a Zeb select+ with an upgraded HC97 damper from push industries (needed to open HSC, which is not externally adjustable on the select+) and I love it.

Honestly though, after having 4 different forks over the past 5 years.. they're all great once properly tuned to your liking. I was disappointed in pretty much every fork out of the box, but then very happy with them once properly tuned to my preferences.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 17:05 Quote
I have a 2022 Zeb Ultimate, all set up for me and where I ride.
It's a nice fork, but it's not the night and day, black/white difference that marketing would have you believe from a 36 stanchion.

I agree with pqbb - and although there is a thread here about Zeb set up problems, I got mine dialled in pretty quickly and have had no problems so far - two months in.

If it's in the budget, sure go for it. If it's going to be a financial burden, as I say, the difference won't change your life.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 17:19 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
Is there anything wrong with your fork?

Nothing in particular. I may be over-hyping the bigger fork to be stiffer than it actually is going off the other 2 posts...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007917
Mobile Version of Website