Trying to find a Heckler 5 Derailleur Hanger

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Trying to find a Heckler 5 Derailleur Hanger
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
Not sure if this is the right subforum, but I have a 2006 Heckler and can't find replacement derailleur hangers for it anywhere online. Does anyone have one or know of where I could find one?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
nixcamic wrote:
Not sure if this is the right subforum, but I have a 2006 Heckler and can't find replacement derailleur hangers for it anywhere online. Does anyone have one or know of where I could find one?

Sorry for a late response. Did you figure it out?

I’m pretty sure it is the wheels mfg dropout 183. Here is the link to the Santa Cruz one which is out of stock: https://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/collections/shop-heckler-small-parts/products/do-kit-superlight-3-0-juliana-3-0-nickel-1-0

The wheels link which looks the same and should fit is this: https://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hanger-183.html

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 19:31 Quote
Hey thats the style for the Heckler 6 if Im not mistaken, the Heckler 5 uses https://www.yourbikeguide.com/products/santa-cruz-bicycles-dropout-heckler-5-0-snz0267-b4b3812f-d91e-4abc-96ff-7d084f1f6e0f this style. Which is way chonkier and I havent found any 3rd party ones.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:06 Quote
Wow. That's the most ridiculous derailleur hanger I've ever seen. How much bigger can you make one before you just call it a chainstay?

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 6:07 Quote
nixcamic wrote:
Hey thats the style for the Heckler 6 if Im not mistaken, the Heckler 5 uses https://www.yourbikeguide.com/products/santa-cruz-bicycles-dropout-heckler-5-0-snz0267-b4b3812f-d91e-4abc-96ff-7d084f1f6e0f this style. Which is way chonkier and I havent found any 3rd party ones.

Is it really? I was looking at the Santa Cruz archive and it said for all bikes with a 135 x10 dropout it was that one, and the heckler 5 says it uses a 135x10 dropout so I figured it would work. Would suck if it was the way chonkier one

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
nixcamic wrote:
Hey thats the style for the Heckler 6 if Im not mistaken, the Heckler 5 uses https://www.yourbikeguide.com/products/santa-cruz-bicycles-dropout-heckler-5-0-snz0267-b4b3812f-d91e-4abc-96ff-7d084f1f6e0f this style. Which is way chonkier and I havent found any 3rd party ones.

Is it really? I was looking at the Santa Cruz archive and it said for all bikes with a 135 x10 dropout it was that one, and the heckler 5 says it uses a 135x10 dropout so I figured it would work. Would suck if it was the way chonkier one

I mean, apart from having the bike here in front of me, and it most definitely using that dropout Beer Beer you can also see it on the website here: https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-ZA/bike/heckler/5

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
barp wrote:
Wow. That's the most ridiculous derailleur hanger I've ever seen. How much bigger can you make one before you just call it a chainstay?
Yeah it's a chonker, and I don't really understand the design decision, at first I thought the wanted replaceable dropouts also, but on the non drive side the dropout is a part of the chainstay so ‍‍♂️

Edit: Apparently this version of phpbb is so old it doesn't support emoji lol. For soem reason the shrug emoji turns into the male symbol

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005847
Mobile Version of Website