2022 Session...shock question

PB Forum :: Trek
2022 Session...shock question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
Not sure if this is better here or in the DH section, but here goes. Anyone overshocked the new Session?

I have a 2022 Session frame on the way, and I already have an EXT Arma that is 250x75. Has it been done and are there frame clearance issues?

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
I'll second this question. Looking to swap from a Supreme to a session and would love to re-use my existing shock.

FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
I'll second this question. Looking to swap from a Supreme to a session and would love to re-use my existing shock.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=130058&pagenum=158#commentid7124052

Discussion went here ^, btw.

I rode this weekend with the 250x75 shock, all good. And I took some big hits with it.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 15:47 Quote
SmashiusJones wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=130058&pagenum=158#commentid7124052

Discussion went here ^, btw.

I rode this weekend with the 250x75 shock, all good. And I took some big hits with it.

Oh awsome! Thanks! The frame is in my garage now and Im building it up.
I will check clearance of everything with my Fox Float X2 then post my findings in that thread and here.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 21:02 Quote
Fox Float X2 in 250x75 fits without issue, not even close to having any clearance issues.

FL
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 4:08 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
Fox Float X2 in 250x75 fits without issue, not even close to having any clearance issues.

Same experience with my EXT Arma.

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
Are you guys running 29" in the rear/low setting or 27.5/high setting? I have an Ohlins on the way w/ a 75mm stroke and was curious if it would work with both mino-link settings or just on low.

Cheers!

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
ryanyarz wrote:
Are you guys running 29" in the rear/low setting or 27.5/high setting? I have an Ohlins on the way w/ a 75mm stroke and was curious if it would work with both mino-link settings or just on low.

Cheers!

27.5/high for me.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
ryanyarz wrote:

Cheers!

According to Trek's manual, if you are running 27.5 front and rear, the only acceptable position for the mino is the high position.

If you do the math on this, the extra 2.5mm of shock travel results in 6.9mm of additional wheel travel. Thats just a tiny bit more than 1/4 inch. In my OPINION, that is a very small difference that results in very very minor differences in BB height, and head tube angle on those occasions that you use all of your travel. I honestly dont know how to math those numbers but they are very minor.

Running the low position, with a 75mm travel shock, AND 27.5 front and rear might cause a dramatic enough difference in BB height (and thus crank height) to cause nasty pedal strikes at full compression. But even still, we are talking about a very minor difference here.

Take the info presented to you, and make the call for yourself! Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
The 75mm stroke but is the eye to eye still 250mm? If so it's no difference in geo, the extra travel is at the end of the stroke. The stock shock is 250mm X 72.5. Its really a 75mm stroke shock with a spacer that restricts the travel.

I have have been running a 250x75mm stroke for a year. 29 rear in high and 27.5 in Low. When I run the 27.5 rear, I find I like to raise my forks 2mm in the clamp for the best balence. But this also depends if you ride steep or flat trails.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025687
Mobile Version of Website