PB BuySell Needs a Feedback System

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
PB BuySell Needs a Feedback System
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 15:51 Quote
I'll try to keep this short. I recently bought a bike from a member here with decent seller history. Communication was good at first but bike was slow to ship and seller couldn't provide tracking information (already not good). Bike finally arrives but upon opening the box discover that no packaging material was used at all, zero, nothing! Disc brake and cassette were rubbing against the frame (carbon), RD was broken off the frame and who knows what else. Seller is now refusing to take the bike back hiding behind a "no refunds" tacked on at the bottom of the listing.

I really thought a community like PB would be immune to this kind of thing but apparently not. I feel like the only real solution to uses like this is some kind of feedback system other communities use on their buy and trade forums.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 19:19 Quote
Grown man crying over a litltle issue. Grow up
Turk3ySandwich wrote:
I'll try to keep this short. I recently bought a bike from a member here with decent seller history. Communication was good at first but bike was slow to ship and seller couldn't provide tracking information (already not good). Bike finally arrives but upon opening the box discover that no packaging material was used at all, zero, nothing! Disc brake and cassette were rubbing against the frame (carbon), RD was broken off the frame and who knows what else. Seller is now refusing to take the bike back hiding behind a "no refunds" tacked on at the bottom of the listing.

I really thought a community like PB would be immune to this kind of thing but apparently not. I feel like the only real solution to uses like this is some kind of feedback system other communities use on their buy and trade forums.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 21:15 Quote
JJabrcacio455 wrote:
Grown man crying over a litltle issue. Grow up
Turk3ySandwich wrote:

lol. Oh, hi. And thanks for really driving my point home.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:10 Quote
Careful what you ask for. Feedback = upgrades, upgrades = money, money = pay to sell. It's a big enough platform I'm surprised it hasn't been monetized yet.

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:21 Quote
I have only had good experiences so far, but I agree, a feedback system would be very beneficial.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
All you would need is a page for each user where buyers and sellers can leave feedback that future prospective buyers / sellers can look at. It wouldn't cost anything aside from time for someone to put it in place.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
I try to see if there is any actual usage on the account, posts, pics, etc. Usually I'll try and grab a phone # as well to contact the person & talk in person. But it's really down to the buyer, ask for more specific pics, all the info you can get.

Of course there are just crappy people out there too, I've never had issues but a friend did, seller described the bike as 20 hours of riding, came in beat to hell with a bunch of crap components and wear that would have had to have seen a solid few seasons. It was a BC bike shop account too, they did return the bike, but left him with freight back and forth... Total DB's.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005997
Mobile Version of Website