Who else sized up on your Ripmo Af or V2?

PB Forum :: Ibis
Who else sized up on your Ripmo Af or V2?
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 12:40 Quote

I am right at 5'8" 30" inseam, and decided on a large after testing both large and medium I decided on large. I like the plow and stability. I swapped a 35 mm stem on so the reach is close to the medium. I have been able to manual some of the doubles on the local trail, but the hoppy poppy jumps are difficult. I wonder what other people who were on the bubble sizewise have experienced. I know sizing up biases me towards the plow.

(Ibis says 5'8" is the bottom end of the large range)

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
I’m similar in height and also have a large. It was all I could get at the time (late 2020) due to covid. While I have done my best to customize it, it’s still too big.This fact became very clear after riding a size medium. I will be selling it sooner than later.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
5'7" on a medium with a 45mm stem The bike is a V1 though, so reach is even shorter than the reach on the V2 or AF (446mm vs 460mm on V2).
Reach + stem combo feel perfect for me. I couldn't imagine a longer reach as I would be too stretched on the bike. The bike remain very maneuverable on switchbacks and stable enough for my taste.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
I'm 5'10" on a medium V1 and I think it's too small...it was a mistake.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:26 Quote
5'7 on a medium V2 with a 30mm stem, and the bike is still too big despite my height being a solid medium on Ibis's sizing chart. I can still do what I want to do, it just takes more forethought and effort. Wish I'd have gone with the small. I can't imagine sizing up.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 21:49 Quote
5'8 and a 1/2 on a size medium, one up carbon bars and 35mm stem. Fits like a glove. Absolutely perfect. My buddy is 5'9 and a half and he chose a size large with a 40 mm stem and loves it Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 18:42 Quote
I'm 5' 9" with +5 ape index. I had both V2 sizes for a while with a variety of stems and bar widths. Settled on the Medium with 40mm stem and 800 bars. Best set up on the large was a 30mm stem with 780 bars. On the large, I had a hard time weighting the front wheel when tired and jumping and popping was a bit less fun. But both setups were definitely fun.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006659
Mobile Version of Website