Tire Swap ?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Tire Swap ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 8:07 Quote
New to the emtb world & just bought a 2022 Mondraker Crafty & saw that the tires Maxxis Min DHF/DHR go for about 85-100 bucks (expensive for me) I've got a trip planed with the wife/friends & there will be more pavement than dirt on this trip. I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy some cheap tires & save the Maxxis for the dirt ? I've seen 29/2.6 tires on Amazon for 32 bucks. Or do the Maxxis wear good enough not to worry about it I'm guessing they won't.
Thanks in advance

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
2link2 wrote:
New to the emtb world & just bought a 2022 Mondraker Crafty & saw that the tires Maxxis Min DHF/DHR go for about 85-100 bucks (expensive for me) I've got a trip planed with the wife/friends & there will be more pavement than dirt on this trip. I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy some cheap tires & save the Maxxis for the dirt ? I've seen 29/2.6 tires on Amazon for 32 bucks. Or do the Maxxis wear good enough not to worry about it I'm guessing they won't.
Thanks in advance

How long is this trip and how many miles do you plan on riding? What is the tire compound: hard or soft (max terra, max grip, super tacky)? How much do you weigh with gear? What kind of riding will you do on the street: noodle around the neighborhood slowly or race the streets and look for curbs to launch? Without more answers it's tough to say what will work for you.

Personally, I'd leave the tires alone and just ride on them unless I wanted to save them for a future competition.

Good luck.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
2link2 wrote:
Thanks in advance

How long is this trip and how many miles do you plan on riding? What is the tire compound: hard or soft (max terra, max grip, super tacky)? How much do you weigh with gear? What kind of riding will you do on the street: noodle around the neighborhood slowly or race the streets and look for curbs to launch? Without more answers it's tough to say what will work for you.

Personally, I'd leave the tires alone and just ride on them unless I wanted to save them for a future competition.

Good luck.

Probably about 50-75 miles tops, compound is Max Terra, I imagaine some fast paced pavement when safe, but pretty much normal pavement pace. I don't compete or plan on competing in any form of bike racing, a few too many E-room visits for me in my past MX days ! Not going there again.
Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 15:46 Quote
Your tires will show little to no wear from that amount of pavement riding.
Also, buy Maxxis tires here. I can consistently get them for under $50 shipped to California. https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 20:32 Quote
RBoardman234s wrote:
Your tires will show little to no wear from that amount of pavement riding.
Also, buy Maxxis tires here. I can consistently get them for under $50 shipped to California. https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en

Good info. & thanks for link ! Thats a great price.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014965
Mobile Version of Website