• Previous Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 22:26 Quote
I’ve narrowed them down .
I need an xxl so pass on Ripmo.

Thoughts ?

Both are priced disgustingly

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 22:52 Quote
the EVO is a mountain bikers mountain bike, It does Everything OK. Suspension design is a bit lacking for the "big stuff" just FSR Traits.

Currently have my EVO on the market, Looking at a bronson/megatower... otherwise might devalue my main bike (i have a few framesets of bikes i like and wont sell)

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 3:07 Quote
They say the same about the HT lol

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
MikeG613 wrote:
I’ve narrowed them down .
I need an xxl so pass on Ripmo.

Thoughts ?

Both are priced disgustingly

Depends a lot what you use it for and how you ride. Like mentioned before the specialized is a great bike but doesn’t do any one thing really well. Hightowers are awesome bikes for sure, but the lack of coil shock compatibility makes me personally not want one, although this may not be something you care about. Its kinda tricky to help people buy bikes cause you can talk all day about them but it really comes down to how they ride and it really helps to try them out and demo both your looking at to get a good feel as to how they ride and feel.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 18:29 Quote
Sold HTv2 bought the STEVO

No comparison- zero . The STEVO w x01 Fox rear is a superior ride .

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
The v3 is so close to the v2 that if you didn't like the v2 the v3 wont be any different.

My buddy has an evo. I would say its more of a "trail bike" and the hightower is more of an "aggressive trail bike/ light enduro" if that makes sense. The evo feels faster on the XC stuff and climbs a bit better but the hightower is better on the rough chunky downs.

I like the fact that the HighTower doesn't feel under biked when going to a bike park where the evo can feel out of place.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
The v3 is so close to the v2 that if you didn't like the v2 the v3 wont be any different.

My buddy has an evo. I would say its more of a "trail bike" and the hightower is more of an "aggressive trail bike/ light enduro" if that makes sense. The evo feels faster on the XC stuff and climbs a bit better but the hightower is better on the rough chunky downs.

I like the fact that the HighTower doesn't feel under biked when going to a bike park where the evo can feel out of place.

Reallly? Its got more travel than the ht and from what I’ve just ridden in the parking lot it feels pretty big and more on the enduro side of things.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Reallly? Its got more travel than the ht and from what I’ve just ridden in the parking lot it feels pretty big and more on the enduro side of things.

I believe the kinematics on the EvO are what let it down. Cascade has a link for that if your pushing harder than the target audience. I almost bought an EVO frame but found a good deal on HTV2 frame so went with that. I got NO REGERTS whatsoever. The Hightower is so balanced and capable. I can get it to be a 30lb light trail bike or I can turn it into a 34-35lb quite capable enduro. You can essentially do exactly the same with the EVO plus alter geometry to bring it more inline with your intended purposes. You got yourself a tough decision. Might add that EVO’s frame design doesn’t like shocks and they eat that shit up for breakfast lunch and dinner. Hightower’s only limitation is shock limitations

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

no one is really going to notice 5mm of rear travel esp on 2 bikes that have a radically different suspension design. The hightower felt like it actually had more travel when riding the bikes back to back.

Riding it in the parking lot doesn't count man. Just because it feels "big" doesn't mean its going to better on rougher terrain.

Also for me, coil shock compatibility on the HT doesn't matter. Coils on santa cruz bikes makes the rear end feel dead. Loses all the poppy fun feeling of the bike. If your just smashing downhills all day, then you should be on a megatower anyway and then you can run a coil.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

As much as people like to rag on Santa Cruz, this is a common experience owners have with them. The SCs ride better than they look on paper, meaning they ride like they have more travel, among other things. The hightower is a well balanced bike and people do race enduros and send bike parks on them. It is not the burliest bike in the lineup, Megatower, Bronson and Nomad are all stronger descenders, but it can handle a lot for what it is. It is a trail brawler and can be pushed somewhat hard.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
The Pivot 429 rides like a big travel bike.- the Hightower doesn’t have that claim .

The DW link > all .

The Ripley AF rides better than the HT v2; it’s better up and descending is incredible..

I’m not a fan of specialized but the Evo is sensational- quiet , light , fast and adjustable.

Spectacular rig .

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 17:12 Quote
MikeG613 wrote:
The Pivot 429 rides like a big travel bike.- the Hightower doesn’t have that claim .

The DW link > all .

The Ripley AF rides better than the HT v2; it’s better up and descending is incredible..

I’m not a fan of specialized but the Evo is sensational- quiet , light , fast and adjustable.

Spectacular rig .

Who at Santa Cruz hurt you? Can you show us on the picture?

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 18:31 Quote
Ha no no I like SC - but their components now vs prices are disgusting.

$5500 v3 SCHT- NX trash

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
MikeG613 wrote:

The DW link > all .

Spectacular rig .

I spent a whole day riding Pivot demo bikes last year. The 429 rides like an XC bike lol 120mm rear travel and a fox 34. You are delusional if you think that bike feels like a big travel bike.

Sounds like you are just pulling bs out of your ass becasue you hate SC for some reason.

The switch blade is close to the hightower. Have you seen what they cost..... almost 7k for a GX bike no factory suspension. Same as santa cruz.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
MT36 wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

As much as people like to rag on Santa Cruz, this is a common experience owners have with them. The SCs ride better than they look on paper, meaning they ride like they have more travel, among other things. The hightower is a well balanced bike and people do race enduros and send bike parks on them. It is not the burliest bike in the lineup, Megatower, Bronson and Nomad are all stronger descenders, but it can handle a lot for what it is. It is a trail brawler and can be pushed somewhat hard.

Thats exactly why I bought mine. Plus their customer service is excellent. I had an issue with my hightower LT and they sent me a brand new 2022 hightower frame.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019889
Mobile Version of Website