Evil Epocalypse Released

PB Forum :: eMTB
Evil Epocalypse Released
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
Evil just released their new E-Bike the Epocalypse.long travel 29er.
What do you guys think?

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
Cool looking bike, thanks for sharing. My take is from that video is, the 2 pros riding is simply awesome, the terrain there riding on is fantastic. But that video showed me absolutely nothing about the bike there on. Those 2 guys could make any and I mean any POS bike look fantastic. The Epocalypse may be the greatest emtb ever built but without some more info. hard to say.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
Cody47 wrote:
What do you guys think?

12 grand, and it has a 630 battery and EP8. There is not much at all that this bike can do beyond what my Gen 3 Levo Comp Carbon can do. It also costs less @ $9000, weighs less, and it has a bigger battery.

TBH, I think this bike would be fun, but there are too many options that are as good or better for much less money.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
carters75 wrote:
Cody47 wrote:
What do you guys think?

12 grand, and it has a 630 battery and EP8. There is not much at all that this bike can do beyond what my Gen 3 Levo Comp Carbon can do. It also costs less @ $9000, weighs less, and it has a bigger battery.

TBH, I think this bike would be fun, but there are too many options that are as good or better for much less money.

Not sure you can really make the price comparison of your Gen 3 Levo Comp, doesn't your bike come with a Fox 36 Rythm fork and Float X shock and a mix of GX/NX drivetrain? Plus one could argue the wheel build is better and would cost more.

The build kit of the Epocalypse is a higher spec.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
carters75 wrote:
Cody47 wrote:
What do you guys think?

Not sure you can really make the price comparison of your Gen 3 Levo Comp, doesn't your bike come with a Fox 36 Rythm fork and Float X shock and a mix of GX/NX drivetrain? Plus one could argue the wheel build is better and would cost more.

The build kit of the Epocalypse is a higher spec.

You are correct about the fork and shock. Fork is meh, shock is fine. Only NX component is the chain. Wheelset is aluminum on both models, but I'll give the nod to I9. That said, you can still get the Levo Expert for $11,000 and have a better overall bike with a better motor and bigger battery.

Still, I think the comp can do just about anything as well or better than the Evil unless you are smashing a lot of downhill stuff, then the Evil might have an edge as delivered.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
Bike is on the expensive side, outdated battery tech and the EP8 motor can't match the power of the Bosch/Yamaha/Brose engines.

Not really impressed.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
rick26 wrote:
Bike is on the expensive side, outdated battery tech and the EP8 motor can't match the power of the Bosch/Yamaha/Brose engines.

Not really impressed.

I was really hoping they would have gone with Bosch for their motors.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011999
Mobile Version of Website