Coil Conversion Trek Slash 7 2021

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Coil Conversion Trek Slash 7 2021
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Hi, i wanna convert my Slash 7 2021 with a Rockshox Super deluxe coil. The problem is.. the shock Ive found is a standard fit and not a trunnion shock.. is it possible to fit a standard shock on my bike and does my hardware easy transfer over to the new coil or do i have to buy new one since my current shock is a standard eyelet Deluxe select+ ( not trunnion )

//Andreas

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
needs to be a trunnion specific shock.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 10:57 Quote
fourfourone wrote:

Why? I mean if it fits in the frame?

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
ANygren87 wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Trunnion shocks mount differently and are tuned different internally. Google it man, its common knowledge

You MAY be able to find a conversion kit but it makes more sense to just buy the proper shock for the bike.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
ANygren87 wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Trunnion shocks mount differently and are tuned different internally. Google it man, its common knowledge

You MAY be able to find a conversion kit but it makes more sense to just buy the proper shock for the bike.

Maybe i was alittle unclear in my post.. i got a standard fit shock on the bike now.. (original) but that shock does not have a piggy.. i was afraid the piggy might hit the frame while compressing.. because the higher end slash has piggy but they got trunnion fit instead

FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 13:58 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
ANygren87 wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

It’s also common knowledge that trek runs standard length shocks (230x62.5) instead of the trunnion length (205x62.5). Google it man. A non through shaft trunnion mount shock will not fit the bike. Trek should sell mounting hardware to fit aftermarket standard mount shocks.

To OP, the standard way to check fitment is to take the spring off the shock and compress it all the way. If it clears you’re good but if it doesn’t you’re screwed.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 2:24 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
ANygren87 wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Just got ahold of Trek support and it will fit no problem..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009132
Mobile Version of Website