Motor and Battery System Weights

PB Forum :: eMTB
Motor and Battery System Weights
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
Want to make a somewhat comprehensive motor and battery weight chart. I will probably end up making this interactive so that one may filter out what they do not care to see. If people give me more info I can add more, as I have added the packages I care about. Going to try to make it easy to filter/pivot table etc

Others can add more info here.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
Interesting, but makes sense - more power = more weight. I'd like to see Bosch gen 4 cx since it's specd on a lot bikes with 625/750w batteries.
Thanks

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 18:20 Quote
2link2 wrote:
Interesting, but makes sense - more power = more weight. I'd like to see Bosch gen 4 cx since it's specd on a lot bikes with 625/750w batteries.
Thanks

The Gen 4 Bosch CX is listed at 2.9kg from what I've read. The Bosch 625watt battery is 3.6kg and the 750watt battery is 4.3kg.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:47 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
2link2 wrote:
Thanks

The Gen 4 Bosch CX is listed at 2.9kg from what I've read. The Bosch 625watt battery is 3.6kg and the 750watt battery is 4.3kg.

Thanks, seems moto/batteryr weights are very similar when comparing power/wh to power/wh. There's no free lunch. So if your goal is to save weight on an ebike your gonna have to look else where, frame & components which would end up costing big money. I've read reviews of emtb's where they complain of one bike being 1.8kg or so heavier than some of others tested & not considering that the bike had the largest battery of the bunch. Now after seeing this post I think those pro's doing ebike reviews need to mention battery weight/size if there going to criticize a bikes weight.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
Thanks, added the Bosche info.

Made another Comparisons Tab/Sheet (Click at bottom next to Info Tab) to compare weights against any other system.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
REZEN wrote:
Thanks, added the Bosche info.

Made another Comparisons Tab/Sheet (Click at bottom next to Info Tab) to compare weights against any other system.

Shimano just launched the EP6 too which I can see allot of manufactures uses as a cheaper option, it's listed at 3kg.
I also read that the 540watt battery Norco uses in their new ebike VLT bikes weighs 3.19kg, the 720watt weighs 3.88kg and the 900watt weighs 4.57kg.

Another note, the Fazua system in the Pivot Shuttle SL is also a little lighter at 4.2kg compared to 4.26kg in the Transition Relay. The removeable battery option adds 0.06kg in weight to the system.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 14:28 Quote
^And here we can see it can be quite complex. IE Shimano has their own batteries (at least labeled as such) and Darfon also makes batteries for Shimano motors, some being the same WHr rating.

I think it would be wise to update this with a comparisons chart with peak support power to determine run time at max power output (at least in theory).

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
I like this a lot. Need to add a column - maybe consider: Power vs Weight ratio

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 19:58 Quote
^Yes but for how much weight? I could setup another sheet where one inputs their own bike and suited up weight..... Best to also know motor/battery max watt output along with your own watt output....

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
That's a good idea. One column that shows raw motor + battery weight vs power. Then another that allows the bike weight to be added. If desired a user could additionally throw in their own body weight with the bike's weight.

Posted: Sep 18, 2022 at 14:14 Quote
2link2 wrote:
Thanks

I just listed the entire breakdown of parts and weighed each one as I did it , its over on emtb the reason for the project is to save weight on racing motors mainly to have full power motors with less weight it’s going to cost more money though

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
I just listed the entire breakdown of parts and weighed each one as I did it , its over on emtb the reason for the project is to save weight on racing motors mainly to have full power motors with less weight it’s going to cost more money though[/Quote]

That's quite an endeavor ! Can you provide a link to your post on emtb I searched the site but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009650
Mobile Version of Website