What would you do?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What would you do?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 16:28 Quote
I own a 2020 Commencal Supreme with 27.5 wheels front and back. The frame is cracked so I am in a bit of an expensive predicament.

I truly loved the way my Supreme rode, but to buy a new Supreme frame, Id also have to buy a 29" front wheel and front fork. And now that I am aware Commencal only offers a 2 year warranty on DH frames, im just not so sure I want to buy another.

As an alternative, I can buy a new Trek Session frame for about $3k and get a frame capable of running 27.5, mullet and full 29er wheels. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. Everything except the BB will transfer from my Supreme to the Session..

What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
2 year warranty- I’d try that route first and foremost.

If that didn’t work I’d go with the Session.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 21:40 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
2 year warranty- I’d try that route first and foremost.

If that didn’t work I’d go with the Session.

Well said.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
Did you already contact commencal and show them the cracked frame? I've had very good experiences with commencal customer service in the past and they have given me warranty on stuff that they were not obligated to.
Also, where did the frame crack? Could you post a picture?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 15:40 Quote
MichaelBernasconi wrote:
Did you already contact commencal and show them the cracked frame? I've had very good experiences with commencal customer service in the past and they have given me warranty on stuff that they were not obligated to.
Also, where did the frame crack? Could you post a picture?

Yes I did reach out to Commencal and they offered a 10% discount on a new frame. I think that's entirely fair since I am the second owner of the bike as well.

As I stated in the OP. The cost of buying another frame was greater than buying a new Session capable of running 27.5 front and rear.

The new Session frame is in my garage now.
The Supreme is mounted on the wall in the man cave, right next to the carbon YT Tues that was also cracked.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005249
Mobile Version of Website