Dominion A4 Leak

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Dominion A4 Leak
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
Got a new problem with these Hayes Dominion A4 brakes. Had them for a few months and they felt great but the rear lever always felt a tiny bit soft. Went to bleed it today and the bleed was quite tricky with lots of air getting into the system from what I thought was the lever bleed screw. After flicking the lever on a pass, oil started coming out from under the bladder cap. This was when passing oil from lever to calliper and didn’t require much pressure to have a lot of oil leak out. I took the bladder cap off and the leak seems to be coming from the edges of the rubber diaphragm/bladder. I left it a while (to look up warranty info haha) and was able to finish the bleed without the bladder leaking again until my very last pass of oil. The lever now pulls and bites okay but not really great at all. Also a bit concerned the bladder may leak again under hard braking.

vid of the leak.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5illpfNMJOo?feature=share

anybody have any insight?

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 18:47 Quote
ScrappyWilly wrote:
Got a new problem with these Hayes Dominion A4 brakes. Had them for a few months and they felt great but the rear lever always felt a tiny bit soft. Went to bleed it today and the bleed was quite tricky with lots of air getting into the system from what I thought was the lever bleed screw. After flicking the lever on a pass, oil started coming out from under the bladder cap. This was when passing oil from lever to calliper and didn’t require much pressure to have a lot of oil leak out. I took the bladder cap off and the leak seems to be coming from the edges of the rubber diaphragm/bladder. I left it a while (to look up warranty info haha) and was able to finish the bleed without the bladder leaking again until my very last pass of oil. The lever now pulls and bites okay but not really great at all. Also a bit concerned the bladder may leak again under hard braking.

vid of the leak.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5illpfNMJOo?feature=share

anybody have any insight?

I’d say get it warrantied especially if it’s new. Email Hayes and they are really good about warranties. Should have a new lever or some solution out pretty quick. Good luck

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005988
Mobile Version of Website