Frame Warranty

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Frame Warranty
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
I have a 2019 Bronson and the clear coat is starting to flake off on the top tube. It seems to be a common issue after a quick google search so I reached out to SC and they offered to replace the frame. I have a v3 frame which are no longer in production so I would be getting a v4 frame. The issue is I would need to replace my fork, shock and front wheel in order to make the frame work.

My question is, will SC make me destroy my existing frame? And if so, how strict are they with enforcing this? Since the issue is cosmetic and my bike is still functional I would prefer to get the new frame and outfit it when I can afford the new parts and ride my current bike for now.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 20:44 Quote
Quigs667 wrote:
I have a 2019 Bronson and the clear coat is starting to flake off on the top tube. It seems to be a common issue after a quick google search so I reached out to SC and they offered to replace the frame. I have a v3 frame which are no longer in production so I would be getting a v4 frame. The issue is I would need to replace my fork, shock and front wheel in order to make the frame work.

My question is, will SC make me destroy my existing frame? And if so, how strict are they with enforcing this? Since the issue is cosmetic and my bike is still functional I would prefer to get the new frame and outfit it when I can afford the new parts and ride my current bike for now.

From what I've read in various FB groups they will make you cut through the bottom bracket and send them a picture. I highly doubt they will let you have two frames (as wasteful as it is...).

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
Quigs667 wrote:

They will make you cut out the BB and send them a picture of the cut out piece with the SN on it. The won't close the warranty claim until this is done.

They offered me 50% off a rear shock when I had to Warranty my old HighTower LT. I have a few different options from rock shox.

You can sell your old fork and buy another one with minimal out of pocket expense. Same with the wheel.

It sucks but in all reality you are getting a free upgrade to the latest design which will make the bike worth more money in the end.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:09 Quote
Yea i spoke with them further and they will for sure make me destroy my current frame. They were willing to push out the claim so I can finish off this riding season and get the new frame during the winter and slowly build the bike back up again.
fourfourone wrote:
Quigs667 wrote:

They will make you cut out the BB and send them a picture of the cut out piece with the SN on it. The won't close the warranty claim until this is done.

They offered me 50% off a rear shock when I had to Warranty my old HighTower LT. I have a few different options from rock shox.

You can sell your old fork and buy another one with minimal out of pocket expense. Same with the wheel.

It sucks but in all reality you are getting a free upgrade to the latest design which will make the bike worth more money in the end.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 20:26 Quote
just be glad they are giving you a new frame because of only cosmetic, they could easily say the same and not warranty it. I dont know any manufacturers that will let anyone have both. you could still just swap parts and ride both, it'll feel weird.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005866
Mobile Version of Website