Need help finding fork for 2014 Santa Cruz Blur TR

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Need help finding fork for 2014 Santa Cruz Blur TR
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
Hi - I just acquired a 2014 Santa Cruz Blur TR 26in (specs here) . I plan to build it out for my son. It needs some parts, namely a fork. The original fork options were A) 32 Float 26 CTD O/C 130 and B) 32 Float 26 CTD Adjust FIT 130. I am handy but new to working on higher-end bikes. I would like to know where I could find one of these forks on the used market or something else that would work well with this frame (preferably a Fox). Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 17:32 Quote
jnestory wrote:
Hi - I just acquired a 2014 Santa Cruz Blur TR 26in (specs here) . I plan to build it out for my son. It needs some parts, namely a fork. The original fork options were A) 32 Float 26 CTD O/C 130 and B) 32 Float 26 CTD Adjust FIT 130. I am handy but new to working on higher-end bikes. I would like to know where I could find one of these forks on the used market or something else that would work well with this frame (preferably a Fox). Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you want the exact fork that came on the bike for any reason? I’d recommend Just looking on the used market for a 130mm travel fork for a 26in wheel. To be honest, a 2014 fork is likely not going to be in the best shape today and you’d probably be better off with a newer model.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Does the frame have a tapered head tube?
Did it come with wheels, and if so what is the front axle?

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 14:32 Quote
jnestory wrote:

Finding a fork for 26 inch wheels is not too tough - you can Google it pretty quick and come up with options. Just make sure the fork you buy has a steerer tube that matches the frame's head tube - is the head tube tapered or straight? Looking at some Google images I think you've got a tapered head tube. In that case then filter your search for 26 inch tapered tube forks.

NOW: Forks have a variety of options that can further your search - namely how it attaches to the front wheel - Very important!

Do you already have a front wheel? If not then buy a fork you like and then buy a front wheel with the hub that matches the fork lowers you choose. If you already have a front wheel then must further filter your fork search to limit the lower options to match the axle style and dimension of the wheel hub you've got.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005924
Mobile Version of Website