My 2018 Pivot Shuttle may need replacing, what's The Bike these days?

PB Forum :: eMTB
My 2018 Pivot Shuttle may need replacing, what's The Bike these days?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
I really like my Pivot Shuttle- the V1 from 2018. The only drawback is the battery life. It may just be worn out but I usually end rides earlier than I'd like because I'm out of power. I tend to ride fast but don't really do parks or ramp type jumps- Bay Area and Downieville primarily.

What's the sweet bike these days if I want to stay under $12k?

Thanks

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
I'm fond of the Orbea Rise, but there are a bunch of light weight ebikes coming out now. The Rise is more XC oriented. If you're into self shuttling DH laps then I'd get something more burly.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
truthrider wrote:
I really like my Pivot Shuttle- the V1 from 2018. The only drawback is the battery life. It may just be worn out but I usually end rides earlier than I'd like because I'm out of power. I tend to ride fast but don't really do parks or ramp type jumps- Bay Area and Downieville primarily.

What's the sweet bike these days if I want to stay under $12k?

Thanks

I have 2 bikes I run longer days and more laps on. My Orbea Wild with the battery extender kit exceeds my requirements for range. It'll get 60km of shuttling in a day which is a ton. My 2022 Norco Range VLT with a 900whr battery is an amazing descender and runs nearly the same amount of lap km's as my Orbea.

Both will easily climb 1600-1800m.
There are a ton of bikes in the 720-750whr range now too, and they're mostly great. I think while I prefer the Norco as a bike, I prefer the Bosch motor as a drive unit.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005341
Mobile Version of Website